• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Huawei Mate 10 / Pro Review, tips and tricks

Sorry - Chrome

Video starts with me just having Google search Image for MyBroadband ... I scroll down ... scroll up - and gone. But, still there because I could edit (even though not see)
Same issue my side.

Even though the versions are the same as my Note 8

Chingha

Expert Member
Good write up, needs some screen replacement comparisons too. How many free ones do you get and what do they otherwise cost?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Let me know if there is anything else I should cover.
I've added onto the thread directly, but maybe more info on the camera like features (manual mode, monochrome, focus speed, different modes etc). Maybe on the video camera too (4k, slo Mo speed)

I bought my first P9 because of the camera and found it fantastic. This M10 is better (though doesn't blow it out the water)

I've added onto the thread directly, but maybe more info on the camera like features (manual mode, monochrome, focus speed, different modes etc). Maybe on the video camera too (4k, slo Mo speed)

I bought my first P9 because of the camera and found it fantastic. This M10 is better (though doesn't blow it out the water)
Thanks. Will do.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
One thing I have noticed about this phone, the GPS isn't as accurate as my Nexus, and it loses signal quite easily indoors.

Chingha

Expert Member
Get me the info, and I'll include it :p
So, looks like you get 1 screen replacement "during contract period" so 2 years? For the Mate 10 Pro and the honour of paying R70/month and R1000 for a screen replacement for the Note 8. You are restricted to 2 in a 24 month period.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Still enjoying this compact beast. Was showing it to a few work colleagues who are looking to get new phones this year.

Nobody can believe the speed of the Fingerprint scanner.

We also got an iPhone X at home now, so will try get some pics of it next to the Mate10 Pro and Note8, as well as do a little review of the cameras

Take note guys, I am no photographer so my little write up will be very basic and and mostly contain comparison images between the 3.

Still enjoying this compact beast. Was showing it to a few work colleagues who are looking to get new phones this year.

Nobody can believe the speed of the Fingerprint scanner.

We also got an iPhone X at home now, so will try get some pics of it next to the Mate10 Pro and Note8, as well as do a little review of the cameras

Take note guys, I am no photographer so my little write up will be very basic and and mostly contain comparison images between the 3.
LOL you saw mine, you can do better than that :crylaugh:

Dolby

Honorary Master
Yea, the camera would be interesting - especially the features ie manual etc.

I believe the M8 Pro ha a better camera in general than all iPhones, other than the X. But that said, photography is subjective. What I call natural, you call dull.

TheCritic

Hi guys, I'm new to myBB. So I've had my Mate 10 pro for about a month, absolutely loving it. Super slick and fast for a power user such as myself. I do have a major bugbear with this phone though... After digging in the settings since getting it, I phoned Huawei customer support in desperation to try and change the notification for Gmail specifically. The consultant put me on hold, and came back saying that it cannot be done for Gmail alone. So basically you're stuck with the same notification sound for all mail apps, sms and calendar apps!!!!! I can't even remember when last I had a device where this isn't possible. Please help if anyone knows of a solution.