Huawei Mate 10 / Pro Review, tips and tricks

SykomantiS

Expert Member
So I woke up this morning to two lovely surprises.
Note the WiFi icon top left next to the cell c name.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
You know what I find odd ?

My P9 has a 'flash' on the screen when taking selfies but the Mate 10 Pro doesn't ?
The Mate 10 Pro does have a 'flash' in selfie mode. I just tested it. It's disabled though if you use portrait mode, or at least I think so.

Dolby

Honorary Master
The Mate 10 Pro does have a 'flash' in selfie mode. I just tested it. It's disabled though if you use portrait mode, or at least I think so.
I'll have to try.

Is there a setting or something?

SykomantiS

Expert Member
[MENTION=480285]Huawei[/MENTION], when can we expect some shiny new system updates?
Firmware finder indicates at least two newer versions for the Mate 10 Pro available (I'm on 8.0.0.135- and there are versions 136 and 137 available), but thy're not approved for installation.
So what is the reasoning behind developing firmware, uploading it to the servers, but not approving it for installation, and then doing it all over again?
That doesn't make sense.

xeslaro

Expert Member
It's our numbnut carriers that drag their feet to approve update releases. Not Hauwei.
[MENTION=480285]Huawei[/MENTION], when can we expect some shiny new system updates?
Firmware finder indicates at least two newer versions for the Mate 10 Pro available (I'm on 8.0.0.135- and there are versions 136 and 137 available), but thy're not approved for installation.
So what is the reasoning behind developing firmware, uploading it to the servers, but not approving it for installation, and then doing it all over again?
That doesn't make sense.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
It's our numbnut carriers that drag their feet to approve update releases. Not Hauwei.
I'm not so sure, from my understanding, Firmware Finder checks the Huawei servers for updates, not those of the carriers?

Dolby

Honorary Master
And the odd thing is that they still get it wrong. I battled with VoLTE on this phone.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I received an update as well.

What network are you on? Clearly not the same update versions

Edit: I see yours is the L09. Thought it was the same as mine.

xeslaro

Expert Member
I received an update as well.

What network are you on? Clearly not the same update versions

Edit: I see yours is the L09. Thought it was the same as mine.

It's Vodacom branded but I'm using Telkom SIM. Yeah, mine is single sim variant. When did your update drop? You have the new "night shot" in the camera app?

SykomantiS

Expert Member
It's Vodacom branded but I'm using Telkom SIM. Yeah, mine is single sim variant. When did your update drop? You have the new "night shot" in the camera app?
Errr, two days ago, I think. Haven't looked at the supposed new features yet.
Edit: there is a night shot option, yes. Will test it sometime if/when I remember.

Last edited:

SykomantiS

Expert Member
So, question / observation.

I've noticed for a while now, that during a call, I have no internet connection. Sim one is my default calling sim, and sim 2 is my data sim. I've checked my settings for things such as dual Sim 4G and internet access during calls and so forth, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else having a similar issue?

A really irritating example would be that Truecaller cannot resolve an incoming number due to this.

Shiraz

Expert Member
So, question / observation.

I've noticed for a while now, that during a call, I have no internet connection. Sim one is my default calling sim, and sim 2 is my data sim. I've checked my settings for things such as dual Sim 4G and internet access during calls and so forth, but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else having a similar issue?

A really irritating example would be that Truecaller cannot resolve an incoming number due to this.
Their is a setting for this...

Go to settings
Then to wireless and network settings
Select dual sim settings
Activate Internet access during calls

Should sort it out

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Their is a setting for this...

Go to settings
Then to wireless and network settings
Select dual sim settings
Activate Internet access during calls

Should sort it out
I did that... I even said as much in my previous post.
I've checked my settings for things such as dual Sim 4G and internet access during calls and so forth, but it doesn't seem to work.