Huawei Mate 10 / Pro Review, tips and tricks

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I also had issues with android auto freezing with the P30 pro. Tried a bunch of things (also did some settings in developer options - edit: I set it to charge only) so not sure what fixed it. Also switched back to the old interface so maybe that caused it.
Must say after the last issues I had, mine is working fine again, mostly. I switched back to the old interface, and then back again to the new interface. Haven't had any crashes since.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Must say after the last issues I had, mine is working fine again, mostly. I switched back to the old interface, and then back again to the new interface. Haven't had any crashes since.
Good to know. I was really annoyed by this when I got the phone. I used an S8 with Android 8 before and never had this issue.

Not sure if this is related to Android 9 (I didn't update my s8 at the time).

Mine also seems fine now.

I see plenty of people complaining about Android auto issues online.

Gamer

Expert Member
I found the power/battery saving system on the Huawei far too aggressive and experienced similar problems as described here. Ditched the Mate 10 a month or so ago and won't consider another Huawei in a hurry.

Park@82

Honorary Master
I found the power/battery saving system on the Huawei far too aggressive and experienced similar problems as described here. Ditched the Mate 10 a month or so ago and won't consider another Huawei in a hurry.
I'm extremely happy with my P30 pro so far. Excluded some apps form getting killed/being put to sleep and all seems to be working well (touch wood).

Leisure Larry

I’ve used Oneplus phones for a number of years. I was quite happy with them. Until Android 9 messed up call recording. Moved to Huawei while Huawei spokesperson Donald Trump alerted us all about how good they are. Got a Mate 10 Pro, and I’m very impressed with it. The caveats you speak about are easily fixed. Set App launch to manage manually per app. And you can set battery optimization per app as well.