Huawei Mate 20

skimread

Honorary Master
It looks like they copied the notch and long thin length from the Samsung. Pity.

skimread

Honorary Master
Pic of Samsung with a notch please.

The screen ratio and curved screen, maybe. Notch, no
Now I remember why I thought Samsung phones has a notch. It was all the samsung ads mocking the iPhone

samsung-notch-ad.gif

Tcyte

I hear it's going to be a massive step up from the the mate 10 and 10 Pro. Huawei really out do themselves when it comes to their mate flagship devices, I'm excited to see what new technology and innovation this new mate is going to introduce to the world of smartphones
There has been a lot of hear say about the Mate 20 pro

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Got my Mate 20 Lite yesterday and finished setting up this morning.

So far I am loving this thing, pure quality for a Mid Range device, I keep having to remind myself that this is just the 'Lite' and the real Mate 20 is dropping soon.

Huawei have knocked this one out the park though. The build quality, Display quality, UI speed, and ergonomics of this device are tops :)

I will put together a review over the next few weeks and post more of my thoughts as I go.

The huge 3750mAh battery is already looking promising, having held up very well with all the Restoring of Whats App, Music, Apps and games.
e638f660688b959f4094681bd641dd58.jpg

jman

Expert Member
Got my Mate 20 Lite yesterday and finished setting up this morning.

So far I am loving this thing, pure quality for a Mid Range device, I keep having to remind myself that this is just the 'Lite' and the real Mate 20 is dropping soon.

Huawei have knocked this one out the park though. The build quality, Display quality, UI speed, and ergonomics of this device are tops :)

I will put together a review over the next few weeks and post more of my thoughts as I go.

The huge 3750mAh battery is already looking promising, having held up very well with all the Restoring of Whats App, Music, Apps and games.
e638f660688b959f4094681bd641dd58.jpg
You're going to go nuts for the mate 20 Pro then ;)

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
You're going to go nuts for the mate 20 Pro then ;)
Haha! I cannot wait! Sounds like it is going to change the game.

Must say, this Mate 20 Lite really is a little beast, I am absolutely loving how much of a solid device it is. It also amazes me how Huawei devices manage to get the best signal. Much like the Mate 10 Pro I had earlier this year, the M20Lite is keeping a solid full bars of 4G in my area, where my Note8 tends to bounce between 3G and 4G.

I am thoroughly impressed.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Saw a display for these things in Sandton City yesterday. It didn't register with me that it was actually a new device, or I would've checked it out.
May very well be my next phone.

jman

Expert Member
Haha! I cannot wait! Sounds like it is going to change the game.

Must say, this Mate 20 Lite really is a little beast, I am absolutely loving how much of a solid device it is. It also amazes me how Huawei devices manage to get the best signal. Much like the Mate 10 Pro I had earlier this year, the M20Lite is keeping a solid full bars of 4G in my area, where my Note8 tends to bounce between 3G and 4G.

I am thoroughly impressed.
I've also noticed how signal strength is really strong.

How would you rate the camera?

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
I've also noticed how signal strength is really strong.

How would you rate the camera?
Camera is okay from the little bit that I have been using it. It's no Mate 10 Pro, let alone P20 Pro though, so one does have to humble their expectations a bit at this price point. It gets the job done well.

Will try take some proper pictures over the next few days, I've spent most of today recovering from last night it's been a very lazy Saturday, so I've been mainly putting the battery through its paces and getting to grips with the whole phone in general while running errands here and there.

Last night one of the Uber drivers I had gave the phone a go and he really liked it, he saw I was bouncing between the Mate and the Note and was more curious about the Huawei as he owns a P10 Lite.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Antutu score... I only ran a single test. The GPU seems to be the weakest link.
It outperformmed my Samsung galaxy S8 on the memory and CPU parts. Screenshot_20181004-103132.jpeg

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
So here's how the battery is looking after hammering it today. I think on a regular week for me this phone will easily do 1.5-2days like the Mate 10 Pro did. Over 8hours SOT, very impressive.
7071cf2aef76a23cf79b30337bad6342.jpg
b52c45e7fc61dbd0430f56eaadfc7890.jpg
7dc37be9e112f0a912acc0d9c0478565.jpg

Park@82

Honorary Master
So here's how the battery is looking after hammering it today. I think on a regular week for me this phone will easily do 1.5-2days like the Mate 10 Pro did. Over 8hours SOT, very impressive.

I had similar results on Friday. I'm very happy with the battery life so far.
Screenshot_20181005-222351.jpeg