Huawei Mate 40 Pro confirmed to be coming to South Africa

quax

Hmmm... ja no... I think I will pass hey.
Unlike the previous-generation Mate 30 Pro, the Huawei Mate 40 Pro runs Android with Huawei Mobile Services instead of Google Mobile Services, which means applications can be sourced from Huawei AppGallery instead of the Google Play Store.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Who in their right mind would buy this nonsense over any other Android flagship that has Google apps. Also, that huge camera cutout on the front is awful.

airborne

Honorary Master
I also wouldn't be spending big bucks on a premium device that doesn't have Google services available.

I wonder if Biden may eventually step in and change the sanction because it sucks the well priced Chinese phones are now a no go.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I also wouldn't be spending big bucks on a premium device that doesn't have Google services available.

I wonder if Biden may eventually step in and change the sanction because it sucks the well priced Chinese phones are now a no go.

OnePlus and Xiaomi still seem to be fine. Seems America just hates Huawei.

But yeah, not cool. Huawei would have some very competitive devices if not for the lack of Google apps.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
There is currently no launch date or South African pricing available for this new smartphone, but it is priced at €1,199 internationally.

1614876336762.png

which will make it:

1199 x 18.12 + tax + tax + markup + tax + tax + delivery = 36219.28

Fred07

Anyone that's ever owned a Xiaomi or Redmi phone will know that they are community driven. In other words Xiaomi has their ear on the ground. They listen to what people want. Not what they as a company want.

Satisfied customers before profit. It's so easy to do. Xiaomi rules.

JimboBob

Expert Member
Hmm, seems like we getting dumped with the excess units?
US/EU markets are a no go...

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hmm, seems like we getting dumped with the excess units?
US/EU markets are a no go...
Lol come again?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Anyone that's ever owned a Xiaomi or Redmi phone will know that they are community driven. In other words Xiaomi has their ear on the ground. They listen to what people want. Not what they as a company want.

Lol my Redmi Note 2 with a fake Samsung camera and no official android updates will disagree with you.

Fred07

Lol my Redmi Note 2 with a fake Samsung camera and no official android updates will disagree with you.
Xiaomi have done very well in the last 24 months or so. Products are well built and easy to use. And priced insanely low. A huge win for the consumer.

Fred07

Redmi 9c (2gb) sold out in South Africa about a week to ten days ago. MIA probably will be the first to get new stock.

3gb still available though.

deesef

Expert Member

If that were true, they would not have canned the Max range.

JimboBob

Expert Member
Lol come again?

Ehh "no go" as in 'no ones buying'