Huawei overtakes Apple as the second-biggest smartphone brand

Cius

Executive Member
Did a spreadsheet comparison for my wife's upgrade last month and for the R150 to R200 contract range Huawei won hands down. Lowest value for money was Samsung. Only phone that even came close to the P8 lite 2017 was the Nokia. Still, its ridiculous how much more value for money you can get with a Hauwei on contract.

klipdrifter

I personally own a Huawei Mate 7 and while I think it is a great phone for the cheap price I won't ever compare it to an iPhone 6 or 7 for that matter.

I have used an Samsung Galaxy S6 and S7 as well and those two phones kick Huawei's ass when it comes to mobile cameras... I have also compared my Huawei Mate 7 to a Sony Xperia Z1 and the Z1's cpu kicked my ass again.

With the above info I tend do agree with @Thor post above, they are not on par when you go into the finer details but that is probably why they are cheaper as well. At the end of the day you get what you pay for I guess.

signeffex

I'm a huge fan of the underdog brands.
On my 2nd Huawei but would have taken a Xiaomi in a heartbeat if the providers actually kept them.
The nokia phones are really nice they real value for money.
Other brands are overpriced.
Yes we can say you get what you pay for etc etc.
I dont use half the specs the phones have potential for.
Also I can easily say before samsung went metal body etc on lower end phones, huawei already had it and it was better quality and specs than anything samsung had to offer in the same price point.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Smiling now that i have a Huawei Smartphone :) Very satisfied with my P8 Lite ( even though it is not the 2017 version )

signeffex

Smiling now that i have a Huawei Smartphone :) Very satisfied with my P8 Lite ( even though it is not the 2017 version )
I think in recent times this was the most value for money phone.
Contracts under 200 for a solid piece of hardware the 2017 even better

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Almost 2 years with my P8 lite (2015) and its value fr money can't be beat. After sales service in SA could be improved though. 21 working days to fix an acknowledged wifi issue is only acceptable if they are shipping the phones back to China.

signeffex

Almost 2 years with my P8 lite (2015) and its value fr money can't be beat. After sales service in SA could be improved though. 21 working days to fix an acknowledged wifi issue is only acceptable if they are shipping the phones back to China.
In Jhb there's a Huawei store at the Glen mall. if I'm correct.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
In Jhb there's a Huawei store at the Glen mall. if I'm correct.
Theres a Huawei store at Canal Walk in Cape Town, but it still takes them 21 working days to fix a phone. To me, that's unacceptably slow.