Huawei P20 vs Samsung Galaxy S9 – The showdown

Kgabogk

Expert Member
So the writer is afraid to conclude that the P20 is the better smartphone,

Totempole

Expert Member
At least one aspect where the Huawei can't compete is processing power. Let's be honest, the S9 series crushes the P20's in that aspect.

I'm also unbiased given that I dislike both brands equally. :p

On paper the Huawei's cameras seem better.

Sumen

Expert Member
I have being watching some comparisons and the 40MP camera on the P20 pro is not good,in order to match the S9's camera you have to select the 10MP option, so it's better to get the normal p20

Last edited:

Creag

The Boar's Rock

I was wondering where the "showdown" was going to provide concluding outcome. I even went through the article a second to see where I missed it.

Jamie, surely an article of this calibre should give the reader your conclusion over preference? :confused:

Splinter

Honorary Master

I didn't much evidence of that in the article - seems like it's more a listing of specs than a proper review.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I think all flagship cameras nowadays are so close to call when it comes to quality, that it's really pixel peeping that calls it.

A friend at the office and myself were curious about his S9 Plus and my Mate 10 Pro camera. It's so so close that it's almost impossible to a 'winner'

Gunner182

Expert Member
I'm finding it really hard to justify why my upgrade (that's been overdue for a year now) shouldn't be the P20