Huawei P30 and P30 Pro

Jase

Expert Member
Did you get a cover with it? where did you get yours from? any screen protector?
Got it from Cell C as I wanted the dual Sim (Telkom said I was too poor to qualify for their package :p). I purchased the screen protector as it does not come with one. The cover is included in the box.

Note: As of now, they only had one left in stock (colour black).

Jase

Expert Member
The battery life on this phone has blown my mind! I've spent hours fiddling, installing stuff and trying to figure out widgets. I eventually charged it last night and as stated 70% in 30 minutes and a full charge in an hour. I don't have to worry about charging when the battery is at 40% anymore.

Tzitzi

Any ideas how to get rid of the step counter on the Lock Screen. Have disabled the Health app notifications but still comes up...

PDF_27

Any ideas how to get rid of the step counter on the Lock Screen. Have disabled the Health app notifications but still comes up...
Open phone settings, select home screen and wallpaper option, deselect show step count

Tzitzi

This is on my EMUI 9.1. Mystery...

I had asked Huawei about this and they gave me the same response as you gave me. After I sent them a screenshot, I never heard from them again.
Looking on the internet a bit, apparently other phones have the same issue and cant find a way to get rid of it!

Attachments

Jase

Expert Member
My home screen does not have the option either but I do not have any step counter on the home screennScreenshot_20190813_214250_com.android.settings.jpeg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Huawei, Honor, Xiaomi and OnePlus grab 2019 EISA awards

The annual EISA (Expert Imaging and Sound Association) awards are in and for the second year in a row Huawei took home the best smartphone award with the P30 Pro succeeding last year’s P20 Pro. The latest P-series flagship received high praise for its all-round capabilities and most notably spectacular quad-camera setup, powerful chipset and long-lasting battery.

Another phone from the Huawei family also bagged an award with the Honor 20 Pro being crowned best "Lifestyle smartphone". The phone’s gradient 3D glass finish paired with its flagship-grade camera and appealing price tag made it a true contender in the midrange segment.

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_p30_pro_grabs_2019_eisa_award_for_best_smartphone_-news-38708.php

gsmarena_001.jpeg

Grubscrew

Expert Member
Hmmm, so the microphone on my phone has stopped working. Can still make calls, but video has no audio, voice notes are dead quiet and Google assistant doesn't work.

Did use the hi care app and it looks like it is not picking up sound from the microphone.

I am suspecting a software bug.

Dirtdiver

So i got the P30 Pro 2 weeks ago. Im a Samsung guy, lol. Now Im just a guy who likes fast phones at good prices. I got a deal i couldn't refuse, came with a watch and second phone.

The phone is good, but i still didnt get into yet. How is the GT Sport, from those that own it. Mine is currently being shipped.