Huawei P30 and P30 Pro

Tzitzi

Only one IMEI number shows...

Its from MTN.

When buying it they said it was a dual SIM phone...

Besides this, other "weird" things that dont appear on my phone that I have discovered so far: cant get rid of the step counter and cannot hide my Caller ID....

So, so far 3 settings that other P30 have, I cant seem to find...

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Its from MTN.

Besides this, other "weird" things that dont appear on my phone that I have discovered so far: cant get rid of the step counter and cannot hide my Caller ID....

MTN disable the dual sim functionality

Tzitzi

The option caller ID is in grey colour and therefore not functional.

From your screenshot, I see I am also missing the Call Barring and Change call barring password...

It seems my phone is missing more than I had discovered so far....

splattie

Its from MTN.

If the model number is VOG-L09 then it is single sim only. The VOG-L29 model is a dual sim phone.

Aharon

Executive Member
Are those options not network controlled? Have you tried another sim from another network

EADC

Expert Member
But they never tell you that!!!!
I suppose they dont know themselves...
Did they advertise it as dual sim? because I highly doubt it MTN and Vodacom don't supply dual sim phones.

Tzitzi

Did they advertise it as dual sim? because I highly doubt it MTN and Vodacom don't supply dual sim phones.
I dont know how it was advertised, but when I asked at the store they said it was dual.

Jase

Executive Member
Well so far after a few weeks I must say that I have no regrets switching to Huawei. The battery life alone makes it worthwhile. The camera is just a total upgrade for me (But I did come from a much older phone). I chose swipe gestures over buttons.

Two things I have picked up though. 1) Sometimes it wont let me swipe up to goto recent apps. 2) Happened only today but whatsapp and messenger had no outgoing audio i.e. I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. I rebooted the phone and all was fine again.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Huawei P30 Pro arrives in two new colors, here’s our hands-on experience

The Huawei P30 Pro was announced with a periscope camera back in the good old days of early 2019 when there was no trade war looming over Huawei and its future in the mobile business. The company was hit twice by the US government but remained resilient to keep launching new products and more variants of its already launched phones.

Such is the case at IFA 2019 - the Huawei P30 Pro was introduced in two new colors, called Mystic Blue and Misty Lavender, and we immediately grabbed the phones the moment we saw them because we wanted to know more about the paint jobs.

P30 Pro 1.JPGP30 Pro 2.JPG

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Huawei P30 Pro arrives in two new colors, here’s our hands-on experience

The Huawei P30 Pro was announced with a periscope camera back in the good old days of early 2019 when there was no trade war looming over Huawei and its future in the mobile business. The company was hit twice by the US government but remained resilient to keep launching new products and more variants of its already launched phones.

Such is the case at IFA 2019 - the Huawei P30 Pro was introduced in two new colors, called Mystic Blue and Misty Lavender, and we immediately grabbed the phones the moment we saw them because we wanted to know more about the paint jobs.

View attachment 709719View attachment 709721
Absolutely stunning