Huawei P30 and P30 Pro

Thestealth

Expert Member
Did they advertise it as dual sim? because I highly doubt it MTN and Vodacom don't supply dual sim phones.
I asked Vodacom and they stated (categorically) that they don't supply or support dual SIM handsets

Dave

Honorary Master
Vodacom and MTN don't. They block the second sim port. Telkom allows this. Not sure about cell C
They don’t necessarily block the second sim slot, Huawei produce both dual and single sim versions of most of their phones.

EADC

Expert Member
They don’t necessarily block the second sim slot, Huawei produce both dual and single sim versions of most of their phones.
It's just a software thing you can change a single SIM to a dual sim

Dave

Honorary Master
It's just a software thing you can change a single SIM to a dual sim
Not if it’s a manufactured single sim model. As I say, Huawei now manufacture most models as single sim only version as well, the model number is usually different and the second sim hardware is completely missing. For example with the P20 Pro CLT-L09 is single sim and CLT-L29 is dual sim.

Bionic

Well whether it's by software or physically blocking the port, you cannot use a second sim on their network on a phone that has the capabilities. I had this issue a few months back. Wife wanted a dual sim since she has a company sim. Eventually had to get a Telkom contract to take advantage of this.

Dave

Honorary Master
Well whether it's by software or physically blocking the port, you cannot use a second sim on their network on a phone that has the capabilities. I had this issue a few months back. Wife wanted a dual sim since she has a company sim. Eventually had to get a Telkom contract to take advantage of this.
Totally agree with you there.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
That's a great deal - I'm paying that on Voda for the Mate 20 Pro.

Demented!

I am looking to purchase a P30 for my gf for her upcoming birthday in a week. Not clued up with the whole google saga - is this particular version of the phone affected ? will it continue getting updates e.t.c. I'd appreciate advice. thanks

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I am looking to purchase a P30 for my gf for her upcoming birthday in a week. Not clued up with the whole google saga - is this particular version of the phone affected ? will it continue getting updates e.t.c. I'd appreciate advice. thanks
The P30 series is unaffected.

Mr G

Got my P30 pro last week, blown away by the camera, the speed, the screen, just about everything. I'm even ok with EMUI, don't feel like it's their worst implementation actually. Definitely better than when I had my Mate 7 a few years ago.

Phone came with a decent enough clear cover, which doesn't add much to the thickness of the phone, and still lets me kinda show off the aurora colour, but I also noticed a screen protector. Does anyone know if this is glass or plastic? Not sure how to test it unless with a sharp object :X3: Would prefer to have a proper glass screen protector, but don't want to remove this one if it will serve the purpose.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I just put a tempered glass protector over that. No such thing as too much protection