Huawei P40 Lite vs Samsung Galaxy A51

Bighit

Expert Member
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is also worth a look at in the same price range, if not cheaper:

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
What.the.actual??
This is just getting ridiculous now.
Its coming up time for a rename from mybroadband to wesubliminallyadvertisehuaweiproducts.

susefan

After all this continuous bombardment with Huawei P40 adverts on MyBB I have decided that my next smart phone will be Huawei. That will be in around 2023.

steve _ctn

Thanks for this review. However, you forgot to mention that the Huawei P40 lite doesn’t have Google mobile services, something which might be a dealbreaker for some people.

op365

Paid for advert by Huawei clearly. An UNBIASED review would compare equally on both sides, not just a casual mention of the competition after singing the praises of one...
MyBB best you review your policy on stating when something is a paid for review...

markings

Expert Member
Thanks for this review. However, you forgot to mention that the Huawei P40 lite doesn’t have Google mobile services, something which might be a dealbreaker for some people.
And the A51 is a true dual-SIM phone, with dedicated SD card slot. For anyone who travels internationally and takes a lot of pictures this may be important. Also when one is far from home and quickly need an app to to check and book for something one doesn't want to potentially battle to install the app. We also don't know when Trump is going to pull the plug and Huawei completely. No access to e.g. Google maps would be terrible although there are apparently alternatives. For me these are deal breakers.

Telkom also sold the A51 for R6299 at least until recently.

WesleyR

Everyone moaning about Huawei not having GMS, I have the P40 lite and have GMS running without any problem, gmail, maps, etc and updating fine via Google Play store.

Plenty videos on YouTube on how to do it, so really not that big of a deal.

clynton

This is a no brainer. The Samsung, we all pick the Samsung. No one wants a phone without Google Mobile Services.

You should be ashamed of yourselves! You're promoting a phone that no one wants. You've written articles convincing everyone that they don't need the apps when that is absolute BS, expecting a normie to adapt to not having access to Google apps and maybe an obscure app that they have been using for years. You people have no morals. FU

Crowley

Executive Member
This is a no brainer. The Samsung, we all pick the Samsung. No one wants a phone without Google Mobile Services.

You should be ashamed of yourselves! You're promoting a phone that no one wants. You've written articles convincing everyone that they don't need the apps when that is absolute BS, expecting a normie to adapt to not having access to Google apps and maybe an obscure app that they have been using for years. You people have no morals. FU
Maybe MyBB should charge a monthly access fee instead of relying on advertising revenue then it will give people something else to complain about.

clynton

Everyone moaning about Huawei not having GMS, I have the P40 lite and have GMS running without any problem, gmail, maps, etc and updating fine via Google Play store.

Plenty videos on YouTube on how to do it, so really not that big of a deal.
Yes it is a big deal to expect people that are unaware of this POS shortcomings, to now go and get GMS running on their brand new phone. Also that is only part of the issue with the constant barrage of articles on this phone.

clynton

Maybe MyBB should charge a monthly access fee instead of relying on advertising revenue then it will give people something else to complain about.
Stop simping, everyone has valid arguments here

Crowley

Executive Member
Stop simping, everyone has valid arguments here
Is simping even a word?

MyBB is a company and it needs revenue to run. I don't know all the details but I am sure advertising revenue is a huge chunk of their income. If you don't like it, don't read it.

clynton

Is simping even a word?

MyBB is a company and it needs revenue to run. I don't know all the details but I am sure advertising revenue is a huge chunk of their income. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Have you even bothered reading others comments? You have commented on this subject and others like it a few times, so you should be well aware. This isn't simply about advertising revenue, it is about myBB pushing a product that is flawed (especially on those that are not techies and don't understand the significance of not having GMS), the constant repeating of the same stories, promoting a product in an article and not stating that it is promotional content.

While we're on the subject of advertising, the AD articles about the 2 or 3 investment companies that have appeared a few times in the last 12 months or so are misleading. I stand by what I said, they're morally corrupt. Why should we keep quiet, we are the customers, we have valid complaints.

markings

Expert Member

Y agree. I am not a normie. I am involved with computers every day with getting enough grief from that. I do not need a phone that also requires me to fiddle with it no matter how many youTube videos there are.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Have you even bothered reading others comments? You have commented on this subject and others like it a few times, so you should be well aware. This isn't simply about advertising revenue, it is about myBB pushing a product that is flawed (especially on those that are not techies and don't understand the significance of not having GMS), the constant repeating of the same stories, promoting a product in an article and not stating that it is promotional content.

While we're on the subject of advertising, the AD articles about the 2 or 3 investment companies that have appeared a few times in the last 12 months or so are misleading. I stand by what I said, they're morally corrupt. Why should we keep quiet, we are the customers, we have valid complaints.
People still buy Huawei phones and MyBB is catering to those people. Simple really...
Huawei’s global smartphone shipments may have declined after the US ban. But to everyone’s surprise, the company has managed to achieve a feat that was considered impossible with the ban in effect. Huawei became the world’s largest smartphone maker surpassing Samsung for the first time in the month of April 2020, according to Counterpoint Research.
https://www.htxt.co.za/2020/06/16/t...f-the-huawei-appgallery-is-ecosystem-focused/
“In terms of volumes, our total sales percentage of HMS devices in South Africa within the next two months will exceed the total sales of GMS in the same period compared to last year,” the CTO says.