Huawei P40 Pro camera tested – Fantastic photos every time

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
Huawei P40 Pro camera tested – Fantastic photos every time

Huawei recently launched the powerful P40 Pro smartphone, which sports a cutting-edge design and powerful hardware.

One standout feature of the smartphone is its impressive camera hardware, which comprises a total of six lenses.

On the rear, it features the Ultra Vision Leica Quad Camera, consisting of a 50MP wide and 40MP ultrawide lens, as well as a 12MP periscope lens and 3D depth sensor.

nomadmp

Very capable hardware in the right hands. On manual or Pro mode the true value of all those cameras comes alive.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Would love one but not paying R25000 for a phone.

My P30 Pro contract is up this month. I've paid R14400 for it over the last two years. Now I must pay an additional R10600 if I want to stay at the same "level". They ripping us a new one.

Last edited:

skimread

Honorary Master
The day photos look crap. It probably doesn't help that its middle winter with no colours.
Isn't there a setting you can enhance the colours in photos?

The night mode pictures are very impressive.

Gekco

Expert Member
You should have done this test in Cape Town and surrounds where everything is green and lush at the moment, I still believe it is an impressive piece of hardware and will be looking to upgrade my Mate 20 pro for the the Mate 40 Pro once it becomes available later this year. Next time just send us a demo model amd I have tons of photography experts that I know who would be chomping at the bit to try it out. Or just send one to me. Peace out.