Huawei P50 not Pro

ThaGombami

Since the release of the Huawei P50 pro and the Huawei P50 pocket series I for one was thinking now that we are done with P Series let's see what the Huawei Mate Series will bring. Just learnt of the arrival of a new Huawei smartphone onto the market and its not a mate series but rather a Huawei P50 version. The Huawei P50 is the third version from the P50 series family and word has it that the light variant was canned meaning the P50 is lower tier in the P50 series. Now don't be deceived by the lower tier tag because the P50 and the P50 pro literally need a photo finish to seperate the two in a spec race.

The major differences will be, first the size with the P50 pro being slightly bigger at 6.6 inch compared to 6.5inch of the P50 and weighing 195g compared to 181 of the P50. They carry the same display that's OLED the difference being the refresh rate, P50 pro has a refresh rate of 120Hz compared to the 90Hz on the P50.

The second and probably the biggest difference is on the Main Camera they both spot the last version of Leica optics since the divorce between Leica and Huawei the P50 Series will be the last to have Leica cameras. As expected the Huawei P50 pro spots better cameras on a paper something that will be tested as the P50 will be rolled out. The 50 pro has a 64MP f3/5 90mm periscope telephoto lens while the P50 has a 12MP f3/4 125mm telephoto lens. The P50 pro also has a 40MP monochrome lens that you will not find on the P50.

The third distance that I honestly know must consumers are not even sure what it's for will be what I call the engines of these devices. The Huawei P50 pro is powered by a Kirin 9000 (5nm) chipset and the Huawei P50 has a Qualcomm SM8350 and Snapdragon 888 (5nm) but once again due to the restriction and sanctions access to 5g tech is limited on Huawei devices hence they both run on 4G.

The last difference that's caught my attention is the battries of these two devices. The P50 pro has a 4360mAh non removeable battrey and the P50 pro has a slightly smaller battery a 4100mAh. The P50 pro has a 50W wireless charging capability and the P50 is not equipped with wireless charging.

As has become the norm Huawei introduces new products with in-house competitions that are exclusive to Huawei Community users through their Huawei Community platform and this time it's a price guess competition and I am sure there will be the normal pre order deals on their official Huawei Store. Screenshot_20220621_112038.jpg Screenshot_20220621_112018_com.huawei.phoneservice_edit_285902886030333.jpg

Virex

What's with all the Huawei shill / marketing lately?

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member
Since the release of the Huawei P50 pro and the Huawei P50 pocket series I for one was thinking now that we are done with P Series let's see what the Huawei Mate Series will bring. Just learnt of the arrival of a new Huawei smartphone onto the market and its not a mate series but rather a Huawei P50 version. The Huawei P50 is the third version from the P50 series family and word has it that the light variant was canned meaning the P50 is lower tier in the P50 series. Now don't be deceived by the lower tier tag because the P50 and the P50 pro literally need a photo finish to seperate the two in a spec race.

The major differences will be, first the size with the P50 pro being slightly bigger at 6.6 inch compared to 6.5inch of the P50 and weighing 195g compared to 181 of the P50. They carry the same display that's OLED the difference being the refresh rate, P50 pro has a refresh rate of 120Hz compared to the 90Hz on the P50.

The second and probably the biggest difference is on the Main Camera they both spot the last version of Leica optics since the divorce between Leica and Huawei the P50 Series will be the last to have Leica cameras. As expected the Huawei P50 pro spots better cameras on a paper something that will be tested as the P50 will be rolled out. The 50 pro has a 64MP f3/5 90mm periscope telephoto lens while the P50 has a 12MP f3/4 125mm telephoto lens. The P50 pro also has a 40MP monochrome lens that you will not find on the P50.

The third distance that I honestly know must consumers are not even sure what it's for will be what I call the engines of these devices. The Huawei P50 pro is powered by a Kirin 9000 (5nm) chipset and the Huawei P50 has a Qualcomm SM8350 and Snapdragon 888 (5nm) but once again due to the restriction and sanctions access to 5g tech is limited on Huawei devices hence they both run on 4G.

The last difference that's caught my attention is the battries of these two devices. The P50 pro has a 4360mAh non removeable battrey and the P50 pro has a slightly smaller battery a 4100mAh. The P50 pro has a 50W wireless charging capability and the P50 is not equipped with wireless charging.

As has become the norm Huawei introduces new products with in-house competitions that are exclusive to Huawei Community users through their Huawei Community platform and this time it's a price guess competition and I am sure there will be the normal pre order deals on their official Huawei Store. View attachment 1333520 View attachment 1333522
Very nice, definitely preferred the "flatter" designed screen of the P50 versus the P50 Pro curved screen.

I hope the next Mate follows a flatter screen design.

ThaGombami

So the cat is out of the bag the Huawei P50 is coming in at R16 999 on the Huawei Store with an option to pre order and you receive free gifts worth R2100 in form of earbuds and a Powerbank to keep you eskom proof IMG-20220621-WA0010.jpg

Grubscrew

Expert Member
What a tough marketing strategy, clever enough to have R16 999, but dumb enough to buy HUAWEI without GMS.

ThaGombami

What a tough marketing strategy, clever enough to have R16 999, but dumb enough to buy HUAWEI without GMS.
There so many dump people I guess to keep Huawei on 2nd spot on the Market share in South Africa if it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone else and that doesn't make u clever and the rest of the people dump

Grubscrew

Expert Member
There so many dump people I guess to keep Huawei on 2nd spot on the Market share in South Africa if it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone else and that doesn't make u clever and the rest of the people dump
Yes!

Tsepz_GP

Expert Member

Claymore

Executive Member
would like to hear how, we are a google business office with 2FA.
If you're tied to Google, not too many options. Microsoft stuff works fine, and there are ways of getting many other Google-dependant apps working.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
lol probs hard to come by these days with GMS etc being gone, but yea havent had a phone with only the hms system, but one day ill upgrade when i get a buyer for my P30and i have some spare cash :)

ThaGombami

lol probs hard to come by these days with GMS etc being gone, but yea havent had a phone with only the hms system, but one day ill upgrade when i get a buyer for my P30and i have some spare cash :)
I literally used the first HMS phone if I am not mistaken it was a Y7p I think and from them I have been through almost all HMS phones till P40 Pro and I must say I am doing fine without the glorified GMS monopoly