Huawei South Africa is stronger than ever

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Huawei South Africa is stronger than ever

South African consumers who owned or were looking to buy Huawei smartphones were somewhat shaken by the US ban on the company earlier this year.

The US placed Huawei on its Entity List, prohibiting American companies from doing business with the Chinese manufacturer, a move which had repercussions in markets across the world.

Happy Poltergeist

Nope.
The bans were lifted in a trade agreement concession.
the concession was that the blacklist would be lifted after a trade agreement is finalised. They haven’t even started trade talks yet . Firms can apply for specific licensing to deal with Huawei on specific projects the US approve of, but Huawei is still blacklisted as a company .

July 11, 2019

Wilbur Ross, secretary of Commerce, has now clarified that the department will "issue licenses where there is no threat to US national security".

Huawei is to remain on the Entity List, which still bans US companies generally from supplying tech to it, but in some cases certain firms will be able to resume supplying approved technology with the company after obtaining a license.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/huawei-trade-ban-us-officials-figure-out-how-to-handle-trumps-u-turn/

23 July 2019

Huawei has cut more than 600 jobs at its US research unit Futurewei after Washington put the Chinese firm on a trade blacklist.

The telecoms giant said the job cuts were due to "the curtailment of business operations caused by the US".

Washington added Huawei to its "entity list" in May which restricts its ability to trade with US firms.

Tensions between the US and China over trade and Huawei have escalated this year.

Based in California, Futurewei is a research and development subsidiary of Huawei.

In a statement, Huawei said "Futurewei Technologies announces a reduction in force, directly impacting over 600 US positions," effective 22 July.

The company said the job losses followed the "curtailment of its business operations" in the US after Huawei and 68 subsidiaries were placed on the US "entity list".

The US added Huawei to the trade blacklist in May, a move that bans the company from acquiring technology from US firms without government approval.

In July, the US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said the US the Commerce Department would issue licenses to companies seeking to trade with Huawei where there is "no threat to US national security".
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49080186

Botha22

Still I wouldn't buy another Huawei phone until this nonsense with Trump is resolved.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Ironmanajm

Huawei is a crap product, which ever way you look at it, the battery don't last the full 2yrs, once you let it fall by accident, it's almost destroyed. Now every Huawei owner can now try and defend this inferior product, and it'll just be another sad case of denial. Buy yourself either a Soy Xperia or any Samsung phone instead. FCK the Chinese Communist lol.

Ironmanajm

Still I wouldn't buy another Huawei phone until this nonsense with Trump is resolved.
I fckin love what Trump is doing the the Communist Chinese and Huawei. He puts them in their place, reminding them whose the boss, FCK China and Huawei lol.

Ironmanajm

the concession was that the blacklist would be lifted after a trade agreement is finalised. They haven’t even started trade talks yet . Firms can apply for specific licensing to deal with Huawei on specific projects the US approve of, but Huawei is still blacklisted as a company .

https://www.zdnet.com/article/huawei-trade-ban-us-officials-figure-out-how-to-handle-trumps-u-turn/

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49080186
We won't shed a tear once Huawei is destroyed, they fcked with the wrong Boss and they're getting decimated. China became too arrogant, hence we aslo need to remind the world that they're an opressive Communist regime, a one party state who treat their own poeple worse than dogs, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Huawei is a crap product, which ever way you look at it, the battery don't last the full 2yrs, once you let it fall by accident, it's almost destroyed. Now every Huawei owner can now try and defend this inferior product, and it'll just be another sad case of denial. Buy yourself either a Soy Xperia or any Samsung phone instead. FCK the Chinese Communist lol.

You are aware that we still do not know if you gaming on a Xbox or a PS4 or both right. Shh.

Ironmanajm

You are aware that we still do not know if you gaming on a Xbox or a PS4 or both right. Shh.
What does that have to do with China, can we remind you that Sony is Japanese and Xbox is American. Huawei is Chinese.........keep quiet please lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SykomantiS

Expert Member
What a bunch of BS. I've dropped my mate 10 pro so many times, I've lost count. Granted I use screen protectors and the oem supplied case, but there's not a scratch on it. 6 months to go until I hit the 2 year "battery dies" mark. So far though, the battery hasn't even shown signs of losing effectiveness. Unlike...

My fiance's Xperia (forgot which one- flagship of ~ 1.5 years ago). It's crap, gives more issues than my phone and you can literally see the battery drain.

In all honesty, I'd much rather have a Pixel, but as far as "Chinese crap" goes. This is not it.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
What does that have to do with China, can we remind you that Sony is Japanese and Xbox is American. Huawei is Chinese.........keep quiet please lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do not even know what type of internet connection you are using.

Ironmanajm

You do not even know what type of internet connection you are using.
Ure just a triggered Huawei fan boy who is miserable over Trump wiping the Chinese butts, I guess u might be Chinese too. U know that its an inferior product, find a safe space to cry boy lolololool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT_Biker

Expert Member
Ure just a triggered Huawei fan boy who is miserable over Trump wiping the Chinese butts, I guess u might be Chinese too. U know that its an inferior product, find a safe space to cry boy lolololool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use a few Huawei products and they work just fine, and honestly you are just a bitter troll who's mother needs to give him a hug. It's either that your Uncle is also your dad.

Ironmanajm

What a bunch of BS. I've dropped my mate 10 pro so many times, I've lost count. Granted I use screen protectors and the oem supplied case, but there's not a scratch on it. 6 months to go until I hit the 2 year "battery dies" mark. So far though, the battery hasn't even shown signs of losing effectiveness. Unlike...

My fiance's Xperia (forgot which one- flagship of ~ 1.5 years ago). It's crap, gives more issues than my phone and you can literally see the battery drain.

In all honesty, I'd much rather have a Pixel, but as far as "Chinese crap" goes. This is not it.
Yup here comes the Huawei fan boys. The dropping of the phone is just one defect and proof of an inferior product. The mere fact that the battery can't even last for a year, let alone the full contract is just another one. I know many people with this **** phone who has now decided to choose a more superior product. I say again, SONY XPERIA or any SAMSUNG will kick Huawei's butt any day of the year, u and I both know it, other than that, ure just in denial, end of story lolol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironmanajm

I use a few Huawei products and they work just fine, and honestly you are just a bitter troll who's mother needs to give him a hug. It's either that your Uncle is also your dad.
Ru still triggered and still crying over your inferior product. Let it go fan boy, u got no case to argue any time of the day or nigh. Wtf lmfao lolololol!!!!!!!