Huawei Watch GT 2e vs Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
No brainer. Huawei Watch GT 2e is great especially with the scale and bluetooth earphones thrown in for free.

Robocop

I already have the scale and the earphones are useless. What is the price on the watch alone.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Samsung's SoC is better than Huawei, and Tizen is actually better on watches.

Anyways, not a fair comparison really as the new Samsung Active 3 is set to be unveiled on the 5th of August.
Pixels don't matter, pixel density does, the Huawei is 326 vs Samsung 364ppi.

Still interested as to the RAM amounts, since the Samsung Active 2 is 1.5GB, which is more than enough for a watch, and Huawei seems to be reported as 16MB or 16GB depending on what outlet you look at, both seem wrong.
The Samsung watch also comes with a speaker.

Would also be interested as to the screen difference in terms of durability, it's a watch, it will take knocks.
And my final question is why the Samsung watch is 3-4 days of battery life, since that's very heavily dependent on how you use it. If you set the watch to its power saving mode and barely use it, I can get around 9 days from it, but if I activate WiFi, BT and GPS and go for a bike ride, I get just over a day's battery life (full charge in the morning at ~9am, watch will die about 10am the next day, I do not wear to sleep). Normal usage patterns would get you around 4-5 days I'd say, so no GPS on, not sleeping with it, and just having it be WiFi + BT with the occasional few message every hour. 44mm.

And if you want something like offline Spotify (premium), I think Samsung was the only one that supports it, I know WearOS doesn't, which is why I picked the Samsung over the Fossil.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Samsung's SoC is better than Huawei, and Tizen is actually better on watches.

Anyways, not a fair comparison really as the new Samsung Active 3 is set to be unveiled on the 5th of August.
Pixels don't matter, pixel density does, the Huawei is 326 vs Samsung 364ppi.

Still interested as to the RAM amounts, since the Samsung Active 2 is 1.5GB, which is more than enough for a watch, and Huawei seems to be reported as 16MB or 16GB depending on what outlet you look at, both seem wrong.
The Samsung watch also comes with a speaker.

Would also be interested as to the screen difference in terms of durability, it's a watch, it will take knocks.
And my final question is why the Samsung watch is 3-4 days of battery life, since that's very heavily dependent on how you use it. If you set the watch to its power saving mode and barely use it, I can get around 9 days from it, but if I activate WiFi, BT and GPS and go for a bike ride, I get just over a day's battery life (full charge in the morning at ~9am, watch will die about 10am the next day, I do not wear to sleep). Normal usage patterns would get you around 4-5 days I'd say, so no GPS on, not sleeping with it, and just having it be WiFi + BT with the occasional few message every hour. 44mm.

And if you want something like offline Spotify (premium), I think Samsung was the only one that supports it, I know WearOS doesn't, which is why I picked the Samsung over the Fossil.
The Huawei Watch GT 2 is 32MB so 16MB seems spot on. The beauty of LiteOS with a 10KB microkernel.