Huawei Wearables and Discovery Vitality

rubber_otter

Expert Member
I was fortunate enough to get invited to the Huawei media offices. After a short presentation, we were made aware that Huawei wearables are now eligible to connect to the Discovery app, and you are able to get your Vitality points.

That's right, you can now link your Huawei Health app with the Discovery app and start earning points. Even if you are rocking non-Huawei handset, even iOS, you can just download the Health app and link the two. It is recommended that you have a wearable with a heart rate sensor, but as far as I know, devices with pedometers also qualify.

This is a step in the right direction. I know there have been many people that requested this feature.

With the Vitality Device Booster, you can work yourself up to a 75% cash back on your fitness device.

Attachments

Aharon

Executive Member
Heart rate exercises are not syncing for me though... Have to phone and get it done manually

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict

Aharon

Executive Member
Have a Huawei watch 2. The heart rate exercises is not syncing, steps is. Phone them to manually do the heart rate exercises.
Same issue I had last week. Is the heart rate reflecting in Huawei health? I see they posted a problem and it's now resolved. Have you got your points perhaps, now?

Haven't tried this week yet.

marxgp

Same issue I had last week. Is the heart rate reflecting in Huawei health? I see they posted a problem and it's now resolved. Have you got your points perhaps, now?

Haven't tried this week yet.
Same problem this week. They manually added points last time. Emailed them screenshots again yesterday.

Aharon

Executive Member
Me too, synced one last night, got steps this morning, no heart rate alloc. Are they saying what's the issue. Are your steps allocationg?

adielk

Expert Member
Let me see what I can find out. It should work afaik.

Do you see your steps reflected in the Huawei health app?
Yep. Samsung Health connects and updates perfectly with Vitality.

Google fit also gets updates from Huawei Health but ONLY if I do it manually by swiping/pulling down the steps box/screen. Luckily picked up that tip from the internet.

But no heart rate so no workouts.

May have to buy a Samsung Watch as my gear s2 HRM died. Thus Huawei Band 3 and 4.