Huawei will accept EU supervision on 5G networks

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Huawei will accept EU supervision on 5G networks

Huawei stated that it will accept EU supervision over its equipment and activities following warnings from the United States about the inclusion of its equipment in European mobile networks, TechRadar reports.

The United States argues that Huawei is too closely linked to the Chinese government, and that the network implemented by the company could contain backdoors used for espionage.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Despite these statements, the US continues to warn Western countries against using Huawei equipment in critical infrastructure, stating that they will face the risk of US countermeasures if they do so

Wow ! School-yard bullies or am I missing something?
Well, that rather depends on whether there is any truth to the allegations. If there are indeed backdoors, the US is performing a good public service.

You've obviously made up your mind already.

I don't know, and so haven't taken a position.

Quintrix

If there are indeed backdoors, the US is performing a good public service.

You've obviously made up your mind already.
No, I have not made up my mind but I also find it highly unlikely that the Chinese are the only ones with backdoors. Only problem is they won't cut a key for the US

Depends - do you enter the red door or the green door?

Arthur

Honorary Master
No, I have not made up my mind but I also find it highly unlikely that the Chinese are the only ones with backdoors. Only problem is they won't cut a key for the US

Depends - do you enter the red door or the green door?
Fair enough.

jeevadotnet

All this backlash from USA just because Huawei doesn't want to give the NSA keys to decrypt data. They want to push Cisco and other vendors which they already have agreements with