Huawei Y7 2019 launched in South Africa

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Huawei Y7 2019 launched in South Africa

Huawei has launched the Y7 2019, the latest smartphone in its Y series.

According to Huawei, the Y7 2019 is targeted at younger consumers and combines high-quality technology and stylish design to offer great value.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Why aint all the phone makers not switching to USB C on their new models FFS!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Why aint all the phone makers not switching to USB C on their new models FFS!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
expensive, cutting costs, to make the devices cheaper. Huawei are clever in this regard. So basically putting together a nice looking hardware package, with a great price. Most consumers in this price bracket are not too fussed with USB Type C, but i hear you

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
expensive, cutting costs, to make the devices cheaper. Huawei are clever in this regard. So basically putting together a nice looking hardware package, with a great price. Most consumers in this price bracket are not too fussed with USB Type C, but i hear you

Cant be that expensive. Lenovo did the Zuk with USB C and that thing was cheap with great specs.

Fox1

Executive Member
For R600 or R700 more you can get last years P20 Lite or the P9. I think the P9 should have Android 9 by now.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Market target: youngsters who shot lot of selfies and need long lasting battery for multimedia. Also those who cannot afford premium phones, but need full set of features at affordable price. And I think, phone looks very stylish, attracting people with aestetic taste, it will make inroads in middle class sector. It is an improvement to Y7 2018 in any aspect at the same price (R4000). If you liked the previous model, it will be a phone for you.

Camera seems premium quality, seriously. Judging from the wide aperture of optics and AI shoting mode, there is no cost cuts and I expect camera will be on pair with P Smart 2019, which costs more. There is very little technical information on the Huawei Web site, but it looks like the phone is identical to Y7 Prime 2019 which was released a month ago on other markets.

Last edited:

Park@82

Honorary Master
Played with one briefly yesterday. Doesn't seem bad at all.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Correction:
There is very little technical information on the Huawei Web site, but it looks like the phone is identical to Y7 Prime 2019 which was released a month ago on other markets.
Not identical, as selfie camera is only 8M pixels, not 16. Maybe 16 megapixels is overkill for selfies...

It looks like it pays to write well about Huawei. .LOL. Just received demo model from Huawei. :)
On the first impression the phone looks great, will be posting more soon.