Huawei's next tablet could look like an iPad Pro

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

Huawei's next tablet will reportedly feature a similar design to Apple's iPad Pro, with a hole-punch selfie camera and magnetic keyboard with M-Pen stylus.

Renders of the device revealed by 91mobiles show a design which bears a striking resemblance to Apple's tablet.

According to the report, "reliable sources" state that the tablet is referred to internally as the "Marx", although it will likely be a successor to the MediaPad M6, dubbed the MediaPad M7.

gfmalan

Expert Member
They and Xiaomi copy everything, the LTE router looks like the Apple Airport Extreme, the TV boxes look like Apple TV, they copy the remote design, they copy the camera layout.

Seems they believe in not re-inventing the wheel, steal it.

They can do it with cars, so why not electronics, as they have first experience with the actual components.
Advantage if you manufacture it I guess.

Nice part if the copy the iPad Pro design, then I can have two similar devices in my bag, best of both worlds?!

system32

Expert Member
They and Xiaomi copy everything, the LTE router looks like the Apple Airport Extreme, the TV boxes look like Apple TV, they copy the remote design, they copy the camera layout.

Seems they believe in not re-inventing the wheel, steal it.

They can do it with cars, so why not electronics, as they have first experience with the actual components.
Advantage if you manufacture it I guess.

Nice part if the copy the iPad Pro design, then I can have two similar devices in my bag, best of both worlds?!
Another Trump backed hit piece on Huawei.

Huawei’s next tablet will reportedly feature a similar design to Apple’s iPad Pro, with a hole-punch selfie camera and magnetic keyboard with M-Pen stylus.
Do some research and you will find that Apple is the biggest copier of all.
  • Who was first to use a stylus on a tablet / cell phone?
  • Who was first to use a magnetic keyboard?
  • Who was first to use a hole-punch selfie camera?
  • Who invented slide to unlock?
  • Who launched the first full touch screen phone?
Not Apple.

Huawei Honor View 20 - first phone with Punch Hole Camera - copied by Apple

First Slide to Unlock - Copied by Apple

Wireless tablet device with stylus portrayed in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - copied by Apple

First GUI - Xerox PARC - Copied by Apple.

Do some research Apple fanboy.

gfmalan

Expert Member
You are indeed correct, biggest Apple fanboy here!

And before October 2015 I hated Apple and figured the Apple users were on the wrong path.

I know Apple copy ideas, better it and sell it on, not denying that, but the Chinese take the copying to the next level, it even look similar.

Must say, you did put in allot of effort for the reply!

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

Huawei's next tablet will reportedly feature a similar design to Apple's iPad Pro, with a hole-punch selfie camera and magnetic keyboard with M-Pen stylus.

Renders of the device revealed by 91mobiles show a design which bears a striking resemblance to Apple's tablet.

According to the report, "reliable sources" state that the tablet is referred to internally as the "Marx", although it will likely be a successor to the MediaPad M6, dubbed the MediaPad M7.
Great, it looks like a tablet. There isn't much you can do differently, and the same is happening with phones as they all become bezel- (and notch-)less.