Hubble batteries (AM-2)

MeestaR

Expert Member
Hi everyone,

Since I find many thread posts with the words Hubble AM-2, I am not sure if can be trusted? It seems like it.
It is now a battle between Pylontech and Hubble. Hubble a no-brainer to go with?
Hubble AM-2 5.5kW
I'm liking their idea of a 10-year warranty, and it seems that lots of people is talking about this battery.

This batteries that I'm considering, is going to be installed into the church, serving as backup power if the power goes out, during sermons and other activities that is going on at the church. It will also serve as backup power for the church's office (kerkkantoor). There is even a strong possibility that the church will also go off-grid with solar.

So, yay or nay for Hubble?

Mier

Expert Member
I have an AM-2 connected to a 3kw infinisolar inverter and no complaints so far (installed in April, so still fairly recent). I'm only using it for backup. At my base load (300w-500w) it gives me about over 10 hours backup.

My main reasons for choosing it includes cost vs performance, 1C rating, capacity, mounting flexibility (wall mount is perfect for the garage so that we can still easily get into or out of the car). 20210729_201031.jpg 20210729_200404.jpg

Last edited:

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Hi everyone,

Since I find many thread posts with the words Hubble AM-2, I am not sure if can be trusted? It seems like it.
It is now a battle between Pylontech and Hubble. Hubble a no-brainer to go with?
Hubble AM-2 5.5kW
I'm liking their idea of a 10-year warranty, and it seems that lots of people is talking about this battery.

This batteries that I'm considering, is going to be installed into the church, serving as backup power if the power goes out, during sermons and other activities that is going on at the church. It will also serve as backup power for the church's office (kerkkantoor). There is even a strong possibility that the church will also go off-grid with solar.

So, yay or nay for Hubble?
The Hubble AM-2 is a great battery, I would have bought them instead of Pylontech if they were available at the time that I did my install.

What inverter are you planning to use?

MeestaR

Expert Member
The Hubble AM-2 is a great battery, I would have bought them instead of Pylontech if they were available at the time that I did my install.

What inverter are you planning to use?
The inverters is the labeled Mecer/whatever Axpert SOL-I-AX 5M? it's that 5 kVA inverters, been using it for a while now. (Configuration is still crap, but still good units)
I even integrated into the serial protocol, to give me stats wrt battery SOC, total power (in watts), etc.
Seems like they were a popular option back then in town (5 years ago) so dad got three of them, church has another three.

The plan is to replace the church's old sealed batteries (AGM/Gel, not sure about the chemistry,) with these Hubble ones, and since the inverters have a 50/60A solar charge controller, the church is looking to maybe go hybrid, because at this stage, the town still has rolling blackouts, even when there is no load-shedding (I think the municipality has some problems with Eskom, resulting in the rolling blackouts).

Last edited:

RonSwanson

Executive Member
The inverters is the labeled Mecer/whatever Axpert SOL-I-AX 5M? it's that 5 kVA inverters, been using it for a while now. (Configuration is still crap, but still good units)
I even integrated into the serial protocol, to give me stats wrt battery SOC, total power (in watts), etc.
Seems like they were a popular option back then in town (5 years ago) so dad got three of them, church has another three.

The plan is to replace the church's old sealed batteries (AGM/Gel, not sure about the chemistry,) with these Hubble ones, and since the inverters have a 50/60A solar charge controller, the church is looking to maybe go hybrid, because at this stage, the town still has rolling blackouts, even when there is no load-shedding (I think the municipality has some problems with Eskom, resulting in the rolling blackouts).
Be sure to check that the inverter is supported by the Hubble AM-2's BMS. As per Hubble's inverter compatibility list, some Axpert-type inverters are supported (notably Voltronic, Kodak and Phocos) via serial cable, but I see no mention of Mecer.

MeestaR

Expert Member
Be sure to check that the inverter is supported by the Hubble AM-2's BMS. As per Hubble's inverter compatibility list, some Axpert-type inverters are supported (notably Voltronic, Kodak and Phocos) via serial cable, but I see no mention of Mecer.
As far as I know, the Mecer inverter is just a relabel of the Voltronic Axpert mannetjies. I know there are copies, but I don't think these are copies.

There has been a few guys there, checking out the inverters, and such. So I believe the serial interfacing should work.

Last edited:

MeestaR

Expert Member
Has it ever been sold under the Voltronic name here?
Not sure. I am almost thinking that the very first Voltronic devices was sold in SA, but Mustek then got distribution and branding rights?
or, Mustek bought them to SA, with other "brands" following?