Huge confusion over South Africa's midnight lockdown

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator

acidrain

Executive Member
No real confusion in my opinion.

When your mate asks you what time you left the club on Friday, do you say Midnight or correct him and say midnight but on Saturday.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They locked my midnight thread which had nothing to do with the lockdown and started this one. Well done MyBB.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
They locked my midnight thread which had nothing to do with the lockdown and started this one. Well done MyBB.

MyBB wants the monopoly on starting useless, unnecessary, pointless, irritating, monotonous, superfluous, duplicating, uninformative, boring Corona threads.

#coronathreadsmustfall
#stopcoronathreads
#coronathreadscauseseyecancer

Pitbull

Verboten
Huge confusion over South Africa's midnight lockdown

Last night, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that as part of the effort to contain the outbreak of the coronavirus, South Africa would enter a 21-day lockdown from midnight on Thursday.

"From midnight on Thursday 26 March until midnight on Thursday 16 April, all South Africans will have to stay at home," President Ramaphosa stated.
Not huge, just people who don't understand time.

Thursday night 00:00, or 00:00 Friday morning. It's not hard...

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Fairly certain you have yourself to blame for that, at least in part.

Pitbull

Verboten
Best example, Petrol price goes up midnight on Wednesday, everyone fills up their car Wednesday evening.
Don't know where this sudden "confusion" comes from? Because someone asked yesterday on MyBB it's now great confusion?

Cray

Honorary Master
Don't know where this sudden "confusion" comes from? Because someone asked yesterday on MyBB it's now great confusion?
Heard a few people mention it, but yeah, made perfect sense to me when I heard it.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Those who think it is from Wednesday are welcome to stay home and see how that works out for them :laugh:

RedViking

Nord of the South
Telling people to stop drinking and that the must go back to school... I'm not even sure what you should drop the glasses means.

Insulting people is probably not the way to keep a thread open.

Just my 2 cents.
That was referring to this who CLEARLY did not read the OP. Drop the glass was pure jesting to an already joke. Back to school because the person can't read.
Rather just tell me they took it as an insult and I will apologise to the person(s) and stop my snarky remarks.

Pitbull

Verboten
Heard a few people mention it, but yeah, made perfect sense to me when I heard it.
Same, your example about the fuel price actually explains it perfectly. People understand it when it comes to fuel increases, but hit stupid when it's said in a different context :D

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sorry @MightyQuin for insulting you and attacking your personality. That was not my intent. Your photo of the kid just made me make an unnecessary stupid comment in return. I apologise man. https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/midnight-when-is-it-exactly.1075815/page-3#post-25141995

Sorry @Brian_G for insulting you. There was no reason for me to do so even though you did not read the OP. I apologise.

And for anyone else I insulted. I apologise.

@bwana open the thread now please.