Huge increase in hijackings in South Africa

skimread

Executive Member
If you consider that hijackings are mostly of new cars and new cars sales have declined the past year it makes the stats much worse.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Because everybody is using their phones when they're at traffic lights.
Here in the Helderberg they target people arriving at their homes, it also seems to be planned well ahead. Police suggested it to be a syndicate operating in Cape Town.

Also, more and more people are walking the streets, also a suspicious bunch taking photos. Police said that they are not breaking the law by taking photos. Strange how we also have an increase in home robberies…

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I want to know which brand is the top hijackers favour?
I am always surprised at the vehicles they use to engage with in their activities. I have seen cheap cars and then cars which are hardly on the top buyer’s list. Audi Q7’s, BMW X5’s… Volvo's also seems to be a popular choice.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Here in the Helderberg they target people arriving at their homes, it also seems to be planned well ahead. Police suggested it to be a syndicate operating in Cape Town.

Also, more and more people are walking the streets, also a suspicious bunch taking photos. Police said that they are not breaking the law by taking photos. Strange how we also have an increase in home robberies…
In that case take photos of the people taking photos, and if there happens to be a spate of new burglaries , hand the photos of those people over to the police.

Marius Flash

Expert Member
Would like to see a post saying : Huge increase in police officers recruited in the fight against crime in South Africa !
Tired of hearing the same old song being played out: " We have a shortish of cars or man power" then they send out the woman constables on foot to respond to crime??? :wtf: