Huge increase in hijackings in South Africa

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
In that case take photos of the people taking photos, and if there happens to be a spate of new burglaries , hand the photos of those people over to the police.
The neighbourhood, along with crime watch and security, did ‘surveil’ these activities. It is better controlled, but it is not under control. When you open our local newspapers, it is riddled with crime.

Zyraz

Expert Member
It is only natural for Hijackings to increase as the sophistication of the Anti-Theft devices increase.
Its easier to drive away in a car that you don't own if you can get your hands on the keys compared to the "old school" break lock or window followed by a hot-wire.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I've noticed a trend of stock photos used in articles regarding crimes to never feature non-whites. Is this MyBB treading lightly or a mere coincidence?

Can we expect to see stock photos more representative of the country's demographics?
Its hilarious!

Beachless

Executive Member
I've noticed a trend of stock photos used in articles regarding crimes to never feature non-whites. Is this MyBB treading lightly or a mere coincidence?

Can we expect to see stock photos more representative of the country's demographics?
MyBB only hire white actors for their photo shoots.

cozinsky

Expert Member

Why does someone always have to play the race card? Jirre. I did not even notice the race on the stock picture because it is immaterial. Crime knows no colour. Seriously dude, built a bridge and get over it.

Zyraz

Expert Member
The article photo is fake , everyone knows that the bad guys aim like this ...
ganster style.JPG

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Why does someone always have to play the race card? Jirre. I did not even notice the race on the stock picture because it is immaterial. Crime knows no colour. Seriously dude, built a bridge and get over it.
I also mentioned it and I didn't play a card. I observed it as well, and laughed at the stock photo of the white hijacker. I'm not bothered by it, it caused me some amusement. I'm going to drink beer after work without thinking about this again. Tsek.

cozinsky

Expert Member
I also mentioned it and I didn't play a card. I observed it as well, and laughed at the stock photo of the white hijacker. I'm not bothered by it, it caused me some amusement. I'm going to drink beer after work without thinking about this again. Tsek.
Have a cold one on me mate!

Kingofmybbknowitalls

You may be right cozinsky, but I dare you to find a crime-related article on Mybb not featuring a white criminal.

Vizzehh

Ironically, the place where the hijacking in the stock photos is set is in one of the safest towns in the country.

skye.za

In that case take photos of the people taking photos, and if there happens to be a spate of new burglaries , hand the photos of those people over to the police.
Good idea but what if the criminals are undocumented "economic refugees"?