Huge kidnapping problem in South Africa - Police working with criminals

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Huge kidnapping problem in South Africa - Police working with criminals

A report by the City Press claims that kidnappings are increasing exponentially in South Africa - with syndicates earning over R1 billion last year.

An anonymous SAPS general told the City Press that these kidnappings were overwhelming the police and were threatening South Africa's national security.

• Angry
Reactions: "D"

Raphael123

Expert Member
Five members in the police’s kidnapping unit. Its like that series Ransom except.......

• Angry
Reactions: "D"

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I think it was on Carte Blanche where they said that they don't only go after high value targets. They also go for a quick buck for a couple thousand Rand or something like that, can't remember the amount now. Stay safe people.

Reactions: ES1

Zophos

Expert Member
On top of everything else, Eish.

I think that my family will pay kidnappers NOT to bring me back.... Either way, the kidnappers win....

Reactions: ES1

grok

Honorary Master
Kidnapping is a form of blackmail, just like Eskom's loadshedding.

Trump's comments proven more & more valid every day.

Convict

I think it was on Carte Blanche where they said that they don't only go after high value targets. They also go for a quick buck for a couple thousand Rand or something like that, can't remember the amount now. Stay safe people.
Soon the entry level criminals will realise they can make more money kidnapping a kid then it is to hijack a car, even if you get the same amount of money, the risk is way less.

The biggest risk for any criminal activity is getting away from the scene, once you are successful in not getting caught during the commission of the crime, most of the times you will not get caught. With kidnapping the risk is low, there is very little resistance from a child and, the kid has no tracker on them.