Hulu sued for discriminating against blind people

Nick333

Honorary Master
I wonder if they've ever asked Hulu to address accessibility for the blind, or if it's a case of sue someone so it's law and everyone else will fall in line without being asked?

BaronBuffoon

Executive Member
I wonder if they've ever asked Hulu to address accessibility for the blind, or if it's a case of sue someone so it's law and everyone else will fall in line without being asked?

Next up: Audible to be taken to court for not catering to the deaf.

Temujin

Honorary Master
Wait...

How do you cater for the blind? I don't get it :confused:

I think this has to do with the way Hulu do the titles and descriptions and screen readers used by blind to navigate not being able to access and read the text

Pitbull

Verboten
I think this has to do with the way Hulu do the titles and descriptions and screen readers used by blind to navigate not being able to access and read the text

O ok, so it's more the titles and navigating the menus as opposed to the actual content... I was pretty farking confused :D

I mean, no matter what they will only hear the sounds no way they can see what is showing... obviously...

Pitbull

Verboten
Just thinking about it now... That's pretty stupid to sue them for discrimination. Has anyone asked them if they will cater for the blind?

I'm of the opinion the blind is not their target market so unless they are aware of the demand, how would they accommodate them?
Farking American's will sue for anything...

Nick333

Honorary Master
Just thinking about it now... That's pretty stupid to sue them for discrimination. Has anyone asked them if they will cater for the blind?

I'm of the opinion the blind is not their target market so unless they are aware of the demand, how would they accommodate them?
Farking American's will sue for anything...

It's legislation through litigation.

access

Honorary Master
lol, so now, can a normally functioning person sue companies for discrimination that cater for disabled people

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
How do you sue the provider of a TV service for this? Surely you should sue the TV itself for not being a radio...