Hulu via Unotelly in SA not working any more, alternatives?

graemian

Hi,

I used to watch Hulu via Unotelly using their DNS intercept service, but this stopped working a few weeks ago. Their support has not been helpful.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? I prefer DNS, but will go VPN if I have to. Is there a VPN service I can get working on my Raspberry Pi? I need this because I'd like to watch via my Apple TV.

Thanks,
Graeme

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Thought everyone abandoned unotelly ages ago.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Hulu started to buffer now...everything else even OZ channels work fine.

graemian

Ha, it's working with Smart DNS proxy! Thanks a lot!

@bwana: how does one find out what "everyone" is doing? I Googled pretty hard and I couldn't find anything.

I bought ExpressVPN in the mean time and Hulu also works via that. Rather expensive though.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Hulu performed so well last night, Live TV was in HD, catchup quality was on par with Netflix.

The initial 10seconds buffered a bit but after that the quality shot up.

Weird as it's been on and off, thinking reason might be that I'm using both smartdns US servers as DNS maybe since yesterday morning.

Will see tonight.

Azg

Expert Member
Hulu performed so well last night, Live TV was in HD, catchup quality was on par with Netflix.

The initial 10seconds buffered a bit but after that the quality shot up.

Weird as it's been on and off, thinking reason might be that I'm using both smartdns US servers as DNS maybe since yesterday morning.

Will see tonight.
What service are you using - Getflix?

Vernon

Expert Member
Works on my Apple TV and my Hisense Smart TV. Doesn't work on Xiaomi Mibox anymore (for me) - you can browse the catalog but can't play any US content.

Go to your Mi Box Netflix app and uninstall updates. You should be able to then access the US content via your DNS provider.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Have not had any issues besides it being slower using smartdns for Netflix US.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Tried using it alongside getflix and they pretty much the same.

On the Hulu front it's back to SD type quality, so weird as nothing changed , DNS the same etc.
Just that one night everything was in glorious HD even Live TV.