'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex

jack_spratt

Expert Member
Hundreds of young transgender people are seeking help to return to their original sex, a woman who is setting up a charity has told Sky News.
Charlie Evans, 28, was born female but identified as male for nearly 10 years before detransitioning.

The number of young people seeking gender transition is at an all-time high but we hear very little, if anything, about those who may come to regret their decision.
Link

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I still can't get my head around people who think they are not the right sex. And this just goes to prove it. They "feel" like they are the wrong sex, but then realise they aren't. Just because I feel like a billionaire doesn't mean I am stinking rich. This whole "I identify as a .... " is a crock of bull. And kids of 19 - 20 who have already had surgery? Must have parents who pander to every whim, or worse, are like Charlize.

If you are born with an "outie" you are a male. If you are born with an "innie" you are a female. It's not a mistake like having a third ear. Only time that it becomes grey is where parts are missing or duplicated. But that is an actual medical problem.

newby_investor

Expert Member
I still can't get my head around people who think they are not the right sex. And this just goes to prove it. They "feel" like they are the wrong sex, but then realise they aren't. Just because I feel like a billionaire doesn't mean I am stinking rich. This whole "I identify as a .... " is a crock of bull. And kids of 19 - 20 who have already had surgery? Must have parents who pander to every whim, or worse, are like Charlize.

If you are born with an "outie" you are a male. If you are born with an "innie" you are a female. It's not a mistake like having a third ear. Only time that it becomes grey is where parts are missing or duplicated. But that is an actual medical problem.
Well, the mind is a complicated thing. There can be all sorts of things which might make a person fall outside what we consider normal.

That being said however - your mother warned you against getting a tattoo during your headstrong young years precisely for this reason, you might regret it later.

Once the hormones calm down, and a person is 30+, they tend to be much more stable. Perhaps that might be the appropriate time to consider irreversible medical interventions.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Well, the mind is a complicated thing. There can be all sorts of things which might make a person fall outside what we consider normal.
That is why some people need psychiatric help. For all we know it is a chemical imbalance it the body that needs attention. Later in life it resolves itself. The norm is to pander to a person's feeling and tell them it's ok to thinks like this or than, rather than to deal with the underlying cause. It may be crass, but I do believe that some people definitely need the "slap across the face" approach.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I still can't get my head around people who think they are not the right sex
The only time that has EVER happened to me is when I see an insanely hot female and discover she's a lesbian (so almost never).

Would love to identify as the "right" sex in that moment, but that might be more for the convenience than any innate mental problems like the others ...

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Problem with modern society due to social media - too many opinions about who should be what instead of just letting people be who they want to be.

konfab

Honorary Master
The whole "transitioning" thing is stupid IMO.

I have no doubt that these people do feel like they are in someone else's body. But that isn't going to change biological reality.

It is the equivalent of conversion therapy for gay men. Growing your hair, taking hormones and cutting off your wee wee isn't going to make you a woman. Just like a gay person forcing themselves to kiss and have sex with woman isn't going to make them straight.

SoldierMan

It simply is completely and utterly crazy, in fact criminal, to make CHILDREN become transgender. They are children for goodness sake!

People are even trying to make children who haven't even reached puberty yet into transgenders, It's madness.

Of course there are going to be many who want to revert to their actual gender, when their childish phase wears off.