'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex

newby_investor

Expert Member
Now, I don't think that gay people are morally deficient or bad in any way. But, I wonder if some of them would prefer a straight lifestyle if they could choose to be straight.
That is actually a very interesting question - and one not likely to be answered honestly in the current social / media setting.

rambo919

Executive Member
This is why teenagers should not be allowed surgery..... if it's off it's off mate, even if you get a transplant it just won't be the same.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
That is actually a very interesting question - and one not likely to be answered honestly in the current social / media setting.
I think the answer to this depends on if you buy into the liberal narrative.

If you believe that homosexuality is innate, from birth, and cannot be changed, then it is best to accept who and what you are and be "proud".

If you believe that it is due to social and environmental factors, possibly including childhood trauma, then it is conceivable that you could work through the trauma, correct your orientation, and maybe be happier that way.

cheesus

detransisitioning... JESUS help us, not even God or Google knows what that means.

When it comes to your penis unfortunately it is no-taksey-backsies.

JayM

Expert Member
If you believe that it is due to social and environmental factors, possibly including childhood trauma, then it is conceivable that you could work through the trauma, correct your orientation, and maybe be happier that way.
I think the lack of any real documented success of "conversion therapy" is strong evidence that being gay not something that can be "worked through." I'm pretty sure most gay people think of the concept as absurd as us straight people thinking some conditioning can suddenly make us enjoy looking at dick pics. Not happening.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think the lack of any real documented success of "conversion therapy" is strong evidence that being gay not something that can be "worked through." I'm pretty sure most gay people think of the concept as absurd as us straight people thinking some conditioning can suddenly make us enjoy looking at dick pics. Not happening.
True, but then most of the conversion therapy - if not, all of it - is created by Christians who believe you can "pray the gay away".

What if proper scientists and psychologists tried to see what they could do? They'd never get funding for even investigating it today.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Are these people taught that decisions like this have lasting real life consequences?

Stokstert

Executive Member
Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex

They should contact the ANC........they are good with transformation.

JayM

Expert Member
True, but then most of the conversion therapy - if not, all of it - is created by Christians who believe you can "pray the gay away".
That's the only type you hear about these days, because only fundies are dumb enough to try the same sh*t again and again knowing it doesn't work.

What if proper scientists and psychologists tried to see what they could do? They'd never get funding for even investigating it today.
This was tried for decades, ranging from sex therapy, to hormones, all the way through to lobotomy (!), with no documented success. There has been enough evidence gathered from these attempts that there is consensus that it doesn't work and is very often harmful (higher rates of suicide after "treatment" etc).

Emjay

Honorary Master
Problem with modern society due to social media - too many opinions about who should be what instead of just letting people be who they want to be.
You seem to be very comfortable running around telling people they are close minded for not being attracted to certain genitals. You should follow your own advise.

Yep, lot of that going around , lots of people more narrow minded and conservative than one would think.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
If you believe that homosexuality is innate, from birth, and cannot be changed, then it is best to accept who and what you are and be "proud".
I don't believe you are born homosexual. As much a a person is not born a criminal. You can be born with a very high IQ and not be interested in learning. You may also be born with a "normal" IQ and become an expert in your field. You may be born with a runner's build but are beaten by athletes with lesser potential.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
I don't believe you are born homosexual. As much a a person is not born a criminal. You can be born with a very high IQ and not be interested in learning. You may also be born with a "normal" IQ and become an expert in your field. You may be born with a runner's build but are beaten by athletes with lesser potential.
Could you perhaps be born with a strong propensity to be same-sex attracted, much like alcoholics and other addicts are apparently born with a high risk of becoming substance abusers?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Can you remember the day you decided to be straight?