Hurricane Sandy causes downtime for major sites

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We host a number of sites with Squarespace and they're having to carry petrol to the roof (17 floors up) in water bottles to try and make sure there is enough fuel in the header tank to keep the backup generators running.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
We host a number of sites with Squarespace and they're having to carry petrol to the roof (17 floors up) in water bottles to try and make sure there is enough fuel in the header tank to keep the backup generators running.
I like their dedication, but there must surely be a better way? Maybe it is just impossible to prepare for such a prolonged outage.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I like their dedication, but there must surely be a better way? Maybe it is just impossible to prepare for such a prolonged outage.

The problem they're facing is the reserve fuel they had on hand is in the basement, along with the pumps needed to get it up to the roof, and the basement flooded.

VegOtter

I also noticed the slowdown in youtube. I though it might be something with ISP and did a couple of tests, but they were all fine. Good to know it was just a youtube issue.