• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Latest One-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Home Mini Smart Speaker and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.

I am canning Spotify after loving it, need a replacement

Hey guys, so a while a go I got introduced to Spotify through a discussion on the forum and I fell in love with the way it works, using it in my car daily and getting everything set up.

I have been adding artists and songs to my library which I never knew and discovered a crap ton new music. The one problem now is I have reached the maximum allowed songs in the library and I can only download a third of them to my phone. I don't understand this restriction on a premium service and it is utterly backwards. The reason i pa for a service is to not have restrictions!

Anyway, I need a replacement. I don't have anything apple and never will so no Apple music, but what others are there that allows for Offline play on mobile and works like spotify that I don't have to buy all the songs I listen to? I don't particularly need a desktop app although that will be an added benefit.

Any ideas?
Saw an article yesterday that Spotify now allows 10000 songs to be downloaded offline - may have been on theverge? 10000 enough??

kolaval

Expert Member
I see google music and spotify are R60 each, how much is apple music?
Also, many devices can you use spotify, google music, apple music on with one account?
Might be worth it to get the kids off my back when they want to listen to mphe di hoenor

EADC

Expert Member
I see google music and spotify are R60 each, how much is apple music?
Also, many devices can you use spotify, google music, apple music on with one account?
Might be worth it to get the kids off my back when they want to listen to mphe di hoenor
Spotify does not have a family plan in South Africa and you can't use multiple devices simultaneously.

kolaval

Expert Member
Maybe your library is like those old 8bit game 1000-in-1 cartridges.
Mortal kombat theme 1-5000 and 297 other songs
:sneaky:

BTW: I'm so old I had mortal kombat on CD when it came out

Maybe your library is like those old 8bit game 1000-in-1 cartridges.
Mortal kombat theme 1-5000 and 297 other songs
:sneaky:

BTW: I'm so old I had mortal kombat on CD when it came out
I have loads of game songs from Guilty Gear, Chrono Trigger, King of Fighters and so forth but they don't make up the majority. :p