I can't sleep since Tuesday

Waaib

Executive Member
An acquaintance of mine recently got a job as an English teacher in China. They do mandatory HIV tests on arrival at the airport for certain types of visas. He was on the next flight home. That's how he found out he was +ve.

Pitbull

Verboten
An acquaintance of mine recently got a job as an English teacher in China. They do mandatory HIV tests on arrival at the airport for certain types of visas. He was on the next flight home. That's how he found out he was +ve.
:eek:

HOLY CRAP !!!

That's bad

Waaib

Executive Member
:eek:

HOLY CRAP !!!

That's bad
Ja. Apparently he's double-devastated because he was going there to be with the love of his life. A Chinese chap he met in Cape Town, had a whirlwind romance with and was, according to him, the first guy he'd had unprotected sex with. Interesting though that the guy won't return any of his calls and emails. Ouch!

Pitbull

Verboten
Now that is exactly what is freaking me out.

I have now from this forum learnt that it is near impossible to contract it without having sex. My Brother is addament that he has never had sex :confused:

Now something needs to give, either he is lying or something else is not right.
I think that is why I'm stressing. if he can just say "Yes i got knobed" then I wouldn't worry so much :(

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Now that is exactly what is freaking me out.

I have now from this forum learnt that it is near impossible to contract it without having sex. My Brother is addament that he has never had sex :confused:

Now something needs to give, either he is lying or something else is not right.
I think that is why I'm stressing. if he can just say "Yes i got knobed" then I wouldn't worry so much :(
I don't see how he could've got it without having sex to be honest. :confused: Not surprising that he won't admit to it now though.

Pitbull imo you would be naive to believe that he contracted HIV through anything other than sex.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Sorry about your bro Pitbull. I hope everything works out for the best.

How old is he, if you don't mind me asking?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
I don't even want to know how much his medication is going to cost us :(
Its not as bad as one thinks. I don't have the numbers, but I heard a Now-and-5-years-ago comparison some time back and there was a mad drop. Like 20k->1k kind of drop. (Those #'s are not right, its just to illustrate the drop).
My Brother is addament that he has never had sex
The options for HIV are pretty much needles, sex, blood/marrow transfusions and all the other bedroom varieties that don't count under sex. (Dunno whether its possible to get it via BJ, but that would explain the no sex claim)

if he can just say "Yes i got knobed" then I wouldn't worry so much
Perhaps its not an area he feels comfortable being honest about....esp while he is 100% freaked out.

Good luck.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Man now this thread has me thinking that I should go take a test just for a clean bill of health - so where can I go in CPT to take such a test - stay in Southern Suburbs - Claremont area.

Are there any free testing places , e.g. when i was at STB uni they had free testing days where anyone could come and be tested etc.

I just want to do this for peace of mind.

Thanks

J

[OUPA]MrNutz

Expert Member
go to your GP , ask him you want a full blood count test.

Path-care usually do it the quickest..1-2 days then GP has your results.

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
[OUPA]MrNutz;1874626 said:
go to your GP , ask him you want a full blood count test.

Path-care usually do it the quickest..1-2 days then GP has your results.
Cost? Can they do this on weekends as well?

J

Pitbull

Verboten
Morning Guys/Gals

Believe it or not, but I had a good night's sleep :) Passed out at about 21:00 and woke up at 05:00. I think Talking about it on here had some soothing effect. I would like to thank you guys once again. You good wishes and support is really wonderfull.

Now just to get the test down at 11:30 today :)

I'm in a much better place regarding this issue now, all thanx to you guys.

I will post the result good or bad as soon as I get it, which would prob. only be next week..... Think I'll be able to survive the wait now :)

Last edited:

jsheed_sa

Executive Member
Morning Guys/Gals

Believe it or not, but I had a good night's sleep :) Passed out at about 21:00 and woke up at 05:00. I think Talking about it on here had some soothing effect. I would like to thank you guys once again. You good wishes and support is really wonderfull.

Now juust to get the test down at 11:30 today :)

I'm in a much better place regarding this issue now, all thanx to you guys.

I will post the result good or bad as soon as I get it, which would prob. only be next week..... Think I'll be able to survive the wait now :)
Cost for test at GP? Your thread has made me want to go now too. - No medical aid... whats it cost in cash - or is visiting the local clinic a viable or decent option - or are the tests from the chemist reliable? I don't think im anywhere near positive but i'd like a clean bill of health - as this thread shows things can sneak up on you.

J