'I demand an acquittal': Zuma says State cannot present corruption evidence against him

rvZA

Expert Member
Former president Jacob Zuma has demanded that he be acquitted of arms deal corruption - without ever facing trial - because the State has "lost the constitutional legitimacy to present the evidence against me".

Zuma was responding to arguments by lead prosecutor Billy Downer, who says the former president's efforts to seek acquittal through a so-called "special plea" process are legally ludicrous.

This, Downer said, is because special pleas are used to attack the "title" of an advocate to prosecute a case and, in any event, can only result in the removal of the prosecutor.

There is no legal precedent for them resulting in the acquittal of an accused person.

eg2505

Honorary Master
delays and roundabouts, hard to believe aside from somebody like Michael Jackson/OJ simpson
this was the president of a country

rvZA

Expert Member
delays and roundabouts, hard to believe aside from somebody like Michael Jackson/OJ simpson
this was the president of a country

Crazy!

And just to imagine.... he was the one who could not wait to get his day in court. Now he is the pissy shouting the loudest....

rvZA

Expert Member
And what happend to his Zondo no-pitch plea?

Nothing. The government, courts and police will not dare touch him.

This is another walkout thing.

If the court refuse to acquit him, he will simply not come back to court.

Ryansr

Expert Member
What arrogant remarks and delay tactics will he use next? An ordinary SA citizen like myself would have been in jail by now! :ROFL:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Crazy!

And just to imagine.... he was the one who could not wait to get his day in court. Now he is the pissy shouting the loudest....
he who shout's loudest, is usually the most guilty.
#justsaying

eg2505

Honorary Master
What arrogant remarks and delay tactics will he use next? An ordinary SA citizen like myself would have been in jail by now! :ROFL:
rock up with his Homeboyz and say you'll never take me alive Coppers!!!
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

The_MAC

Executive Member
Shame, poor old man, leave him alone, just let him retire peacefully.. :sick:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
uBaba has spoken, now give him his acquittal before he unleashes the might of the MKMVA on us.