I felt a tremor. Thunder is surly imminent. – An outsider’s inside view and review of RAIN and its future.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
So let me get this straight: The problem with RAIN is not their KAK product, but rather the fact that they do not have enough techies....to handle the thousands of complaints re. their KAK product??

Am I the only one here seeing how ridiculous that is?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So let me get this straight: The problem with RAIN is not their KAK product, but rather the fact that they do not have enough techies....to handle the thousands of complaints re. their KAK product??

Am I the only one here seeing how ridiculous that is?

They seemingly don't even have enough personnel to answer/tend to basic queries in a timely manner.

And it's not their products that are kak, it's that they allow it to be oversubscribed (by continuing advertising, so much ads on Youtube) and the price points to encourage such subscriptions.

Last edited:

"D"

Expert Member
Just type in Enter Sandman and you should be golden.

JohnGH

Hi StanVaden,

Thank you for sharing this.

We are really humbled by your kind words and maintain that our aim is to delivery exceptional customers service, to any and all our customers.

We thank you for your continued support.

Regards,
rain_mobile
Dear Rain mobile,
Like many on this forum, your business model appeals to me, and so for redundancy and travel purposes, I purchased a Rain SIM (delivery in <3 days!!) so that I could use it at my syndicated holiday house in the bush- Zebula Country Club, 38km west of Bela-Bela. Up until recently, there was only MTN EDGE signal (nowadays MTN LTE) & Vodacom LTE. No Telkom, no Cell C. There is a fibre backhaul with speed of 350Mbps at the clubhouse wireless, but this does not extend to our house site, or any other house sites on the property.
There are over 200 homesteads on the 1200Ha property and many staff who live in the staff village. Most of the sites are owned in syndicates. With the advent of DSTv & Netflix streaming services, it would convenient to be able to watch TV at the house, without having to pack-up the DSTv decoder every time we go there for a weekend? The Rain 5G offering is excellent value for a syndicated ownership and I'm certain Rain would pick up many monthly contracts for routers and 5G SIMs that would be made standard equipment in the houses. Any chance of informing us when you would build a tower on Zebula CC property?

eg2505

Honorary Master
Any chance of informing us when you would build a tower on Zebula CC property?

keep begging and pleading, eventually they will build a site that takes into account where you are.
am quite surprised you don't go onto the Vodacom tower, as cell c and other MVNO use that infrastructure usually.