I flashed my Samsung galaxy s4 mini with an incorrect .bin file

heetbeet

Can I ask anyone with a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini do me a big big favour! I need the South-African-cellphone-network's version of "NON-HLOS.bin" file to flash my phone with (e.g.: sudo heimdall flash --MODEM NON-HLOS.bin).

The reason for this is:
I installed Cyanogenmod, but after a while it gave some problems and reinitialisation gave the same problems. I was stupid/naive and did not backup/dump my stock android, so I ended up trying to download a stock somewhere else and flash my phone with that (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/51369/I9190XXUCOD2_I9190OJVCOD2_XFA/), but unfortunately the modem (wifi, simcard, etc.) is not working from the "NON-HLOS.bin" in that image :(. All the other .bins/.img/etc. files in that rom worked when flashed with heimdall though, and I managed to boot into that rom. The only problem is that I was not able to use any form of communication (I can't even get past the "welcome... turn on wifi... check updates..." screen because it assumes I must have either wifi or a simcard).

Can someone please help me out and dump their modem file and share it with me!

Here is a guide to obtain the "NON-HLOS.bin" file (in the guide it is obtained as "modem.bin"):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/guide-dump-package-cwm-flash-current-t1705650

Please make sure we have exactly the same phone. Under the battery my phone has a sticker with the following:
MODEL: GTI9190
FCC ID: A3LGTI9192
SSN: -I9190GSMH
RATED: 3.9V =; 1900mA
MADE BY SAMSUNG

Here is some information from the PIT-file of my/your device regarding "MODEM"/"NON-HLOS.bin" (if needed):
--- Entry #0 ---
Binary Type: 0 (AP)
Device Type: 2 (MMC)
Identifier: 1
Attributes: 5 (Read/Write)
Update Attributes: 1 (FOTA)
Partition Block Size/Offset: 8192
Partition Block Count: 122880
File Offset (Obsolete): 0
File Size (Obsolete): 0
Partition Name: MODEM
Flash Filename: NON-HLOS.bin
FOTA Filename:

Any help would be much appreciated!

ODTech

Can I ask anyone with a Samsung Galaxy s4 mini do me a big big favour! I need the South-African-cellphone-network's version of "NON-HLOS.bin" file to flash my phone with (e.g.: sudo heimdall flash --MODEM NON-HLOS.bin).

The reason for this is:
I installed Cyanogenmod, but after a while it gave some problems and reinitialisation gave the same problems. I was stupid/naive and did not backup/dump my stock android, so I ended up trying to download a stock somewhere else and flash my phone with that (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/51369/I9190XXUCOD2_I9190OJVCOD2_XFA/), but unfortunately the modem (wifi, simcard, etc.) is not working from the "NON-HLOS.bin" in that image :(. All the other .bins/.img/etc. files in that rom worked when flashed with heimdall though, and I managed to boot into that rom. The only problem is that I was not able to use any form of communication (I can't even get past the "welcome... turn on wifi... check updates..." screen because it assumes I must have either wifi or a simcard).

Can someone please help me out and dump their modem file and share it with me!

Here is a guide to obtain the "NON-HLOS.bin" file (in the guide it is obtained as "modem.bin"):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/general/guide-dump-package-cwm-flash-current-t1705650

Please make sure we have exactly the same phone. Under the battery my phone has a sticker with the following:
MODEL: GTI9190
FCC ID: A3LGTI9192
SSN: -I9190GSMH
RATED: 3.9V =; 1900mA
MADE BY SAMSUNG

Here is some information from the PIT-file of my/your device regarding "MODEM"/"NON-HLOS.bin" (if needed):
--- Entry #0 ---
Binary Type: 0 (AP)
Device Type: 2 (MMC)
Identifier: 1
Attributes: 5 (Read/Write)
Update Attributes: 1 (FOTA)
Partition Block Size/Offset: 8192
Partition Block Count: 122880
File Offset (Obsolete): 0
File Size (Obsolete): 0
Partition Name: MODEM
Flash Filename: NON-HLOS.bin
FOTA Filename:

Any help would be much appreciated!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2375402
Did you try this one? It's listed as vodafone but it's for SA so it should be the same thing.

heetbeet

@ODTech thanks I will download and try the South-Africa vodafone ROM! Somehow with all my Google-searching I did not stumble upon that page. Phew, I hope I manage to fix my phone, my peeps aren't quite happy with my current no-Whatsapp situation.

SCHUMI-4-EVA

Expert Member
Sorry my S4 mini is unrooted and it's the LTE 9195 version so probably not compatible anyways.

If I was you I'd just flash various ROMs from countries which should have mostly the same stuff as SA like UK, Holland, Germany etc. and doing a bin dump from each. Then flash back to whatever ROM you actually want to be using and try each till one works. The trial and error approach basically, your phone is borked anyways so no harm with this approach as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: