1. Go to the cop shop.
2. explain that phone was stolen but has the aforementioned app installed and that you know the location(s).
3. cop on duty looks at you with a dazed empty face.
4. said cop walks away shaking his head.
5. next cop says to you, what do you want us to do?
6. you leave frustrated and swearing.
Around 3 weeks ago our CPF sent out a warning about a criminal spotted in our area who's wanted for 2 car thefts and a couple smash and grabs. This same person was found not guilty by the Constatutional Court a year or so ago on a technicality because photos of him was published all over social media before his trial started. They claimed because of the photos all over social media, his identification parade was compromised, so in the end he got off. BTW he was on trial for rape, armed robbery, something like 15 car thefts and a few other things.