I got tricked into going to an AMWAY meeting last night....

techead

Honorary Master
damn it!!! :mad:

When they dropped the word AMWAY, I was like :wtf:

I remembered that name but I couldnt remember why... I sat there wracking my brains trying to remember why it was bringing such a bad feeling inside me! :sick:

did a bit of googling, and these fools are nothing short a bunch of fanatics, going around manipulating/brainwashing people. Not gonna go say right out that they are a cult, but after reading personal stories online they damn close!

anyone had any experiences with these fools?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
They are a cult, and a pyramid scheme. Especially the way their members keep hounding you, and guilt trip you into attending this kak. It's the same with Network 21. Whenever you hear something along the lines of "business proposal/meeting" then you should immediately steer clear.

A colleague invited me to attend a "business proposal" last year. He even tried guilt tripping me by saying that this senior dude is only in the country for a few days, and I have nothing to lose. Knowing exactly what this was, I went for the free tea and cake and seated myself near the back so that I could leave quickly.

Apache

Expert Member
I was conned once into attending a meeting. Never again. Warning sign is they never tell you exactly what you are getting into, even if you ask.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I was conned once into attending a meeting. Never again. Warning sign is they never tell you exactly what you are getting into, even if you ask.
The general response is that it's hard to explain, and you should attend the meeting to see for yourself.

Venomous

Honorary Master
I went to a meeting once just to see what they have to say there.

They didn't like the questions I asked :p

techead

Honorary Master
all the leaders went up to the front at the end to proclaim how great their lives are now (read not) and they really sounded like a bunch of mindless zombies

lol

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Shame man that sounds kak. Torture the person who lured you :twisted:

Mars

Honorary Master
It works, you can make money. You just need to turn every freind into a business opportunity, speak nothing but the product and live eat and breath the system.
Its not worth it imo.

I had some good freinds that have quit their jobs to do Network 21 full time. Last time I bumped into them he was driving a new 3 Series and she had just bought herself a new Mini.
The thing to notice in that sentence is 'had good friends'. I just started avoiding them when they became all about the product. They just cant seem to talk about anything else. We would go to the movies and get a drink after and instead of talking about the movie they would just keep directing the conversation back to their products.. So we just stopped inviting them.

Whats the point of money if you have no friends?

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
I really feel for you as I also got suckered into it once ... got some bad flash backs now

Their products are excellent just the whole Cult behind it goes against my faith :)

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
It works, you can make money. You just need to turn every freind into a business opportunity, speak nothing but the product and live eat and breath the system.
Its not worth it imo.

I had some good freinds that have quit their jobs to do Network 21 full time. Last time I bumped into them he was driving a new 3 Series and she had just bought herself a new Mini.
The thing to notice in that sentence is 'had good friends'. I just started avoiding them when they became all about the product. They just cant seem to talk about anything else. We would go to the movies and get a drink after and instead of talking about the movie they would just keep directing the conversation back to their products.. So we just stopped inviting them.

LOL ... my Amway friend got the hint not to discuss it around me.

Also got an Aunt & Uncle who are making a killing with networking but I will rather have friends and drive my bicycle than have an M3 and no friends or family.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
damn it!!! :mad:

When they dropped the word AMWAY, I was like :wtf:

I remembered that name but I couldnt remember why... I sat there wracking my brains trying to remember why it was bringing such a bad feeling inside me! :sick:

did a bit of googling, and these fools are nothing short a bunch of fanatics, going around manipulating/brainwashing people. Not gonna go say right out that they are a cult, but after reading personal stories online they damn close!

anyone had any experiences with these fools?
FANTASTIC! Would you mind getting me some confederated perfume as well as an confederated IPAD? Don;' promise me that I can win a GTi since confederated cars don't pass roadworthy for some reason.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I got lured in to a Skybiz meeting once (by a good friend) I knew what is was and also knew that his family were also big in to Amway.

He did get in to it and respected that I was not interested, a few years later he actually admitted that he now knows that the entire thing is a scam.

At the meeting this one guy got up and started going a bit bos, telling everyone how much of a scam it was and how evil they are. Was worth coming just for that.
I think that about a year later Skybiz was actually made illegal.

techead

Honorary Master
Its not worth it imo.

nothing like selling your soul for some money

they proclaim wealth = money and free time

by the sounds of things you CAN make money, but you get brainwashed in the process, lose all your friends... Guess thats how you get so much free time

fail.

techead

Honorary Master
Erm, I have no idea what AMWAY is? From what I can gather its a pyramid scheme?
if someone says to you they have a "business opportunity" and are reluctant to speak about what exactly it is...

tell them to piss off!!! :twisted:

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Erm, I have no idea what AMWAY is? From what I can gather its a pyramid scheme?
They sell cosmetics and household products.

You can't get the products from a store, you need to purchase directly from an agent. Then they try and make you an agent so that you can sell to your friends, the idea is to get as many people as possible "under you" and then your get commission.
There are kinds of tricks and rules to make sure that you are continually signing on new people, its more important then actually selling the product.