I got tricked into going to an AMWAY meeting last night....

gamer16

Honorary Master
A bit of a necro, but I was recently contacted for a job opportunity at Amway SA. Not selling their products but rather in the science and regulatory field where they offered twice my current salary. Found this post when researching the company and now I am hesitant to go for that interview.
Any update/ news on this company?
.Here

You do not want to work for them.

Smokey mcpot

Oh the amway memories. Had friends in this cult and they would do things together in a little amway click with everyone avoiding them.

fast forward about a year I bump into an old friend. Says I should pop around Friday evening for some drinks and catch up with some old friends. Excited I clear my schedule... only to walk into his entertainment area looking like a seminar. They trapped me. Luckily bumped into and old flame and we were catching up while I told her what A load of crap it is and we left half way through getting death stares.

never again!!

Daruk

Honorary Master
damn it!!! :mad:

When they dropped the word AMWAY, I was like :wtf:

I remembered that name but I couldnt remember why... I sat there wracking my brains trying to remember why it was bringing such a bad feeling inside me! :sick:

did a bit of googling, and these fools are nothing short a bunch of fanatics, going around manipulating/brainwashing people. Not gonna go say right out that they are a cult, but after reading personal stories online they damn close!

anyone had any experiences with these fools?
It's like answering the door to a JW.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Lol. You get to notice the signs. I was once conned into a Network 21 seminar. The collective 'dammit' from the newbies in the audience when they mentioned Amway..

TheRealRaspeggi

It's like answering the door to a JW.
these are special types of loons.

A JW asked me once if I know the name of God, i told her Yahweh. She looked at me stunned and said that is the Hebrew name but in English the name is Jehovah. i thought to myself, a barbarian, probably, but at least not an uneducated one, I'am.

Mars

Honorary Master
A bit of a necro, but I was recently contacted for a job opportunity at Amway SA. Not selling their products but rather in the science and regulatory field where they offered twice my current salary. Found this post when researching the company and now I am hesitant to go for that interview.
Any update/ news on this company?
Well, from what I have heard their products are not bad. If you just use the products then its ok if a little over priced. The issue is when you try and make a business out of distribution. If there is an employment contract involved then go for it.
If somehow your paycheck depends on recruiting people and selling product then stay away.

adrcl

Well, from what I have heard their products are not bad. If you just use the products then its ok if a little over priced. The issue is when you try and make a business out of distribution. If there is an employment contract involved then go for it.
If somehow your paycheck depends on recruiting people and selling product then stay away.
It had nothing to do with recruiting people. It was purely product/ regulatory orientated e.g. making sure that its safe for use, complies to various African countries regulations, labeling regulation etc.

But I politely rejected the interview. Amway lacks the job security that I currently have and in these times it is rather important.