I had a brainwave about fighting crime in SA

Milano

Honorary Master
With today's technology, it is possible to almost entirely eliminate crime.

Unfortunately the country is governed by liberals who believe in "freedom", "human rights", "the Constitution", "democracy" and other bull****.

Sounds all cute and cozy, right?

Truth is the only people with freedom and rights are criminals, while the innocent live in fear (and those fortunate enough are living in private prisons).

Fact is South Africa's "GLORIOUS" Constitution makes you a prisoner in your own home, so what is it worth?

The politicians are lucky enough to live in secure homes payed for by tax-payers with the additional protection of body guards and VIP protection, so what do they care?

When was the last time you heard of a cabinet minister being raped or murdered? And yet South Africans of all races, from domestic workers to celebrities, and tourists, are murdered and raped daily at an alarming rate.

MacNabs

Some of these suggestions are really good, and it just shows how much people want a solution to the problem. But its useless brainstorming the crime problem, because as long as the government is not prepared to listen, do anything about it, and stop corruption in itself. No matter how good your solutions and intentions are, you up against a brick wall.

The only real solution currently to guarantee your family's safety is to get the hell out. If South Africa is not looking after its tax paying citizens, whats the use of living there? Once overseas, make your voices heard and tell people about the real problems in SA. South Africa is a country at war against its own tax paying citizens, the rest of the world needs to know this, thats how you can help. Maybe one day the western world will pressurize the country enough to force change, to even bring back sanctions against the country. SA may have survived sanctions back in the old days, i highly doubt it will be able to survive nowadays.

Once positive thing I must say about 2010, even though it has not been a success or failure yet, it has already opened so many peoples eyes about SA. I am regally asked if I am going to SA for 2010 by potential already cautious visitors, my answer is always the same. If the SA government cannot guarantee the safety of its own taxpaying law abiding citizens, then how can YOU be guaranteed that you will be safe? I still have not met one kiwi that is going to SA for 2010....

Eugene66

I read many lopsided views here.

To ad to these I would like to say a few and then to conatradict myself and all of us.

Maciavelli. "Every nation has the government it deserves." "The bigger the gap between the rich and the poor, the more unstable a country becomes. A strong middle class is a sign of a good place to be." Keep that in mind when you want to immigrate.

Hubbard. "When you impose criminal rights you are imprisoning the nation"

"An eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth will render us all blind and toothless"

Then there is the duality of life to consider:

On the one end of the scale you have the criminal and on the other end the cop. They are business partners. They keep each other in business.Every cop is criminally minded, has to be criminally minded to be good at his job. Cop or criminal you are looking at a degree of the same duality.

There is an equal amount of good and bad to maintain the universe's perfection and on a whole it is balanced but close up you can only see one end of a spectrum.

The duality of psychology. What you resist persists. What you are against is being empowered by your pushing against it. This also goes for the law of attraction.

Psychology of statistics. When we keep talking crime on the media, any desperate person will at some point feel its ok to become part of a known quantity statistic and resort to crime. After that it's learn and improve as you go, like with any job. Same with rape.

Law of attration. (Sic universe theory) (Beautiful universe truth)
You WILL get what you focus your mind on no matter in what way. So you can house yourself in a houdini box and some criminal WILL find you as long as you keep thinking about it. On the other hand if your gearlock can put your mind at ease then it works for you so do it. As long as your mind is at ease.

Law of love. Love manifests whatever you have on your mind in it's belief that it is on your mind because of your desire to experience it. Therefore love will attract and manifest for you, that which is on your mind. Keep that in mind.:)

In conclusion I want to prove a case in point. A few years back Roosevelt park was rated the lowest crime area. I used to drive through there. Open gates, no security, low front wall, no barbed wire and electric fencing.

Those people don't think crime and thus never experience it. They don't attract it through thinking of it all the time.

Midrand. The people with the most expensive security gets hit up to three times a year, and the people with the open gates never have problems. In fact the only thing they get is hungry stray dogs or loose dogs with friendly neighbours following them.

I know because for ten years since I moved here. My gate is open.

Last edited:

Tun@

Expert Member
Your suggesting we all go do yoga & meditate will fix the issue?

Eugene66

I dont know what Yoga does. Meditation helps to change a mind set.

I can also understand that it is very difficult to see the balance when you are caught up on one end. We are all caught up in something or other if not this then maybe your boss is a tyrant and you the victim.

To start the journey to the centre takes faith, That's why its so difficult. So its better to take it one step at a time and to just keep easing off.

I am an ordinary man with ordinary sheet like most men. But this that I spoke about I have experienced enough to know that it is so. I also know that it is diffucult for those who fell into the trap to get out again.

Eugene66

Thank you dude. You too.

I have been having peace since I dumped my TV and started reading. I worry only about what I can control now. Myself, my life and aaahhhhhhh. Its much more peaceful.:)

But that dumb ass taxi driver is gonna get it tommorrow I tell you!!! :) :) :)

BobbyMac

Expert Member
The solution to South Africa's crime problem is a simple one: accountability and competence. That's all that's needed. How can one have a law abiding society when the highest officials of the country comprise criminals - including the police chief?

CathJ

Expert Member
5) Everyone knows that hijackings usually occur at traffic lights. Doesn't help much to know that.
Ah, it doesn't help to know just that, but with more info it could be helpful. If you knew *which* traffic lights get hit more frequently, you could maybe try to avoid those.

Yes, it would turn into an arms war - you get better burglar bars, the criminal come in through the roof (or go to your neighbours house that just has 'standard' burglar bars). But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't do it. With that attitude, you'd never get anything done - what's the point of cleaning my house, since it'll just get dirty again?

I think the idea is a good one. Not just to manage your risk, but also to manager your fears. If you're worried about... being stabbed with a panga while walking down the road because you've heard this happening in the news a lot (to pick an arb, and unrealistic, example), and you found that this is really only happening in some squatter camp on the other side of the country, you can maybe realise that in your road in Bishopscourt you're not really at risk.

MacNabs

Ah, it doesn't help to know just that, but with more info it could be helpful. If you knew *which* traffic lights get hit more frequently, you could maybe try to avoid those.
So people must still be affected by the crime, only so that others can learn from their mistakes? People need to be taken out first at those traffic lights?? So others know which are the bad ones???Thats no solution if you ask me! :p

mercurial

MyBB Legend
i listen to talk radio a lot, and i've noticed something. the police in the more affluent areas tend to work really hard and are pro-active when it comes to fighting crime, whereas in the less affluent areas, the police are sloppy, take their time and do not take the matters seriously. i think from this, it's clear that police in their more affluent areas, care deeply about keeping their areas safe and clean, whereas the police in the less affluent areas, frankly, just doesn't give a ****.

CathJ

Expert Member
So people must still be affected by the crime, only so that others can learn from their mistakes? People need to be taken out first at those traffic lights?? So others know which are the bad ones???Thats no solution if you ask me! :p
Of course not. But since it *is* currently happening to some people, we might as well learn from it.

Koos Custodiet

love56k said:
Johannesburg - Not only are robbers hitting more houses, they now prefer to strike when residents are at home, the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) said on Friday.
One of the best responses to "hot" robberies was invented almost a hundred years ago... in 1911, to be precise.

Unfortunately our dear government believes in forcing people to give up the best chance they have to defend themselves, and then they make examples of the people who refuse to be victims by treating them like the criminals.

Machiavelli was right.

XCentricdave

The right to bare arms and the right to use them to protect and defend life and property.
Sorry I can't help it...

I assume that you mean you want to wear a sleeveless vest whilst you are out randomly beating people.

But please you're not suggesting that the Merkin model when anyone can have a gun is a good plan? I would feel sooo much safer with both the robbers and enraged citizens shooting at each other... :eek:

Having a gun makes you a target. Having a gun in your home will likely turn a burglary into a fatality, most likely you or your family. There are too many guns in circulation now, please no more.

xtermin8or

Expert Member
Here's what I suggest: Instead of building a crime database, why doesn't someone compile a database of the actual DETAILS of crime cases? Suppose, for instance, if you consider the fact that housebreakings are way up in the latest crime stats. OK that's bad but so what?
The Police already collect all this informaton, and it is stored in dockets, the police then do docket analysis to come up with strategies to combat specific crimes. They have said housebreaking is a problem, and we are likely to see that going down as new strategies are put in place ( Remember that this rate has dropped in Gauteng and the Northern Cape )

When the police saw that CIT Heists are on the up, task teams were set up to deal with the problem and it has been reduced.