I have been invited to a wedding

Mila

Honorary Master
I hate weddings....................... my brother's one is coming up............... i wish i could skip it

RichardG

Honorary Master
No use if I'm not doing it for a cause ;)

You will beat yourself up for the rest of your days about this, seriously. Be open with her and let her know. She is old enough to make up her own mind. Then you can live with yourself and she can move on with hers.

Just my 2c's anyway
I will be honest with her and wont lie - She is 4 years older than me if not mistaken.. I am not going to go... Even if we've been family friends for so long. I think it is best not to go. -- Do not want to start stalking her

Damnit im book for the 25th :(

What did you do last year?
I got drunk last year at the reception of the engagement. I drunk like 2 bottles of wine, 4 beers and 1 Flaming Lamborghini and vomited...

And was talking a lot of *****

I hate weddings....................... my brother's one is coming up............... i wish i could skip it
Best remedy for that is to hurt yourself break ur leg or something

skoob

Executive Member
I reckon you should go for it....talk to the bride when you see the photographer taking pics put your hands on her boobs...just kidding.
On a serious note, I think you should go to the wedding...if she didn't want you there you wouldn't have been invited.

RichardG

Honorary Master
I reckon you should go for it....talk to the bride when you see the photographer taking pics put your hands on her boobs...just kidding.
On a serious note, I think you should go to the wedding...if she didn't want you there you wouldn't have been invited.
Her family and my mother are good friends.

I will stay home and post away on myadsl :)

It will keep me entertained ant out of trouble unless I can get a girl to come with me

Pitbull

Verboten
Take Kitten, she just broke up lately didn't she. Might be a good day out for her too :)

RichardG

Honorary Master
Take Kitten, she just broke up lately didn't she. Might be a good day out for her too :)
When she comes on I will ask if she is interested... .

She came up with some flu something to do with the ear balance.

RichardG

Honorary Master
The bride just phoned me up.
She has been going in for marriage counseling.

I told her straight forward I ain't going to the wedding..
She insisted me in going to the wedding to be a fool

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
I wouldn't go - this is not the movies.
And if you feel that she was playing around you with before (the time when the bf called you up) just leave her be.
You could still tell her how you feel. But would that change anything?
More importantly/specifically: Would it change anything about how you felt at that time when the bf came pissing down on you over the phone?

RichardG - I'd recommend not going and keeping your distance from her.
These kind of situations that tug at the heart/willy :)p for some comic relief to a somewhat serious post) are kuk to deal with.
But in this scenario, look out for yourself first and don't bring on any unwarranted stress - be it from your feelings for her or how you'd feel sitting in the corner with no one to talk to.

And how the fsck do they go for marriage counselling before even being married? :rolleyes:
Let it play out and don't be the cause of things.
Let's see what decision she comes to on her own.
Unless she comes knocking on your door at 2am for some "knocking" ;)

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
The bride just phoned me up.
She has been going in for marriage counseling.
That doesn't sound good.

Marriage counseling before the wedding?

There's bound to be some big issues.

And I'll keep it there, and won't discuss this topic further.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
I have just received a wedding invite card from a family friends daughter.

I told my mother I do not want to go to this wedding at all after what happen at the celebration of the fiancee party - I was like the flower pot in my corner, kept to myself as I do not want to start any fights.

I do not want to go the wedding at all am i being cruel.

I have my reasons:

1)She has a jealous Bf/Fiancee
2)When she was younger she led me to believe she liked me etc, and I did call at least once a week, but after her bf phoned me up. I knew where I stood with her. ( A pawn to make her boyfriend jealous)
3)I just feel going to this wedding will just be a another boring day in my books and truly I do not like seeing people in love when I do not have any.

Perhaps I am being bad family friend not attending the wedding.
So what you're saying is that u can't get a date and need an excuse?

RichardG

Honorary Master
So what you're saying is that u can't get a date and need an excuse?
Just told her some lame excuse that I am busy and not interested in Weddings.

Then she started talking about this situation she is in.

That doesn't sound good.

Marriage counseling before the wedding?

There's bound to be some big issues.

And I'll keep it there, and won't discuss this topic further.

They've been dating 8 years *I think* and they've been staying together for around 2-3years......

She had a long discussion with my mother over the telephone about 1 hour etc. I think she is having second thoughts on the marriage part...

I do not trust her bf/fiancee. I suspect he can be the cheating type

.Froot.

Executive Member
I have just received a wedding invite card from a family friends daughter.

I told my mother I do not want to go to this wedding at all after what happen at the celebration of the fiancee party - I was like the flower pot in my corner, kept to myself as I do not want to start any fights.

I do not want to go the wedding at all am i being cruel.

I have my reasons:

1)She has a jealous Bf/Fiancee
2)When she was younger she led me to believe she liked me etc, and I did call at least once a week, but after her bf phoned me up. I knew where I stood with her. ( A pawn to make her boyfriend jealous)
3)I just feel going to this wedding will just be a another boring day in my books and truly I do not like seeing people in love when I do not have any.

Perhaps I am being bad family friend not attending the wedding.
Had that issue at one stage. BF felt threatened because we were friends and later broke it off with her because he was jealous at her having a guy-friend... well needless to say our friendship was kind of screwed afterwards.

RichardG

Honorary Master
She ain't going to get married by the looks of things she is seriously having second thoughts she has just rocked up by my house.

I better go speak to her - and yes I wont do anything to her

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
If she's rocking up at your house to talk to you..... mebbe you can get lucky :p

blunomore

Honorary Master
She ain't going to get married by the looks of things she is seriously having second thoughts she has just rocked up by my house.

I better go speak to her - and yes I wont do anything to her

Errm, Richard, get a grip on reality.