I honestly cannot believe I'm paying $470pm for this...

ProjectEC97

Dear rain, I'd like to make it clear that just because I have the full upload speed offered, it does NOT do me any good if my download is as bs as it is. I really don't mean to be rude but there's only so much frustration a person can take before they start spiraling into anger and rage. And please, if you plan to come here into this thread asking for a PM, it's not going to happen because that would be the 10th or so time I'm requesting network support with no results. Just face it, your network is congested right up to the cribriform plate. Unless you start making plans to limit the amount of people per tower and/or do something at least to improve this.

If there is anyone here that is informative about openserve and can tell me how much longer it'll take to get the rest of Roshnee, Vereeniging covered, please tell me. I honestly can't wait any longer, I'm pulling my hair out just trying to do any work with speeds like this.

As for you rain, the day my street goes live, expect me to cancel that very same day without hesitation. I've had about enough, how many more complaint posts in this forum is it going to take to get the point across that your service is on the low end of the spectrum (figuratively and probably even literally).

1612300496956.png

ProjectEC97

well crap, it seems I'm so frustrated that I typed $470 instead of R470

Edit: it's not even 470, it's 479.......ffs

James946

Rain has definitely went downhill since the lockdown started. I recommend you check out supersonic or telkom for the time being until you get fibre coverage since both of these options are much better than anything rain 4G can provide to users with congested towers. I'm currently using telkom with 40-60mb/s all day long and it's heaven!

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Please PM them the email adress affiliated to the problematic account and they'll sort it out right sharp #thumbsup

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I ditched Rain on month 2, got the Telkom 1TB for R999 deal ... smiling now.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
I ditched Rain on month 2, got the Telkom 1TB for R999 deal ... smiling now.
What's it like during peak hours (7PM -11PM)?

I had my Rain device and SIM for less than 24hours and cancelled it. It was great during the day, but peak hours I could not use it at all.

ProjectEC97

rain, i wish your company fails and shuts down. if you can't keep up with the demand, then you don't deserve to be regarded as an established business, this entire morning I've been unable to work. I have the money for the best internet possible (fibre) but it's taking openserve a lifetime to get my street connected, literally all the streets around me have their cables and slim/ splice boxes installed but mine, the phone pole is right behind my house but there's nothing there while the houses opposite me and next to me i can see their fibre cables and splice boxes.

My patience is far out and it can be seen with my posts, who here can actually give me information on openserves schedule to their fibre rollout, I'm sick of this....everyday I wish to see them working but I never see them. I'm getting desperate for fibre internet to the point i probably need professional help.

I'm ****ing sick of this ****, for ****s sake!! :mad: :mad:

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
What's it like during peak hours (7PM -11PM)?

I had my Rain device and SIM for less than 24hours and cancelled it. It was great during the day, but peak hours I could not use it at all.
it does depend on your towers and if there is any congestion but yesterday evening I had to manually switch to 1080p from 4k on youtube.

I did a speedtest at 19:29 and was hitting 55.4 Mbps down and 4.67Mbps up. Ping 19ms, Jitter 9ms, Packet loss 0.0%

I stayed up till SpaceX crashed SN9 last night (youtube) watching @1080p... so that was close to 11pm. Had no issues.