I Know Someone Heavily and Consistently Evading Tax

Daruk

Honorary Master
Do you include the 16 million people who sit at home and collect grants paid by honest taxpayers in the group that rides off the rest of us?
Mostly, yes, why wouldn't I? The statement was quite simple - if you're not a producer, you're a consumer. We have more consumers in this country than producers right now. Benefit systems are there for when you fall on hard times - that's why most of us take out life insurance, medical insurance, car insurance, etc. The government system is theoretically there for those who can't help themselves. Of course the system doesn't work nearly as well as it should for various reasons, but surprise surprise, not all those who collect a state pension are just lazy... a discussion for another thread altogether.

rietrot

Honorary Master
You do absolutely get benefit from government despite the rampant corruption. People who don't contribute ride off the rest of us.
Lol, sure you get benifits. You pay for a 5 course meal and then you actually do get two cold slap chips and you get to see that ANC cadre drive past you on the hiway stuffing his face with the food you paid for.

But obviously the guy who takes care of himself and employs people is the problem. Because he didn't contribute for the corruption. If only he paid his share you might have gotten 3 cold slap chips.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Lol, sure you get benifits. You pay for a 5 course meal and then you actually do get two cold slap chips and you get to see that ANC cadre drive past you on the hiway stuffing his face with the food you paid for.

But obviously the guy who takes care of himself and employs people is the problem. Because he didn't contribute for the corruption. If only he paid his share you might have gotten 3 cold slap chips.
Again with the dumbassery!

In this nightmare of yours where someone is driving on a highway - how do you reckon the funds for that highway was acquired?

Daruk

Honorary Master
What does that have to do with it? Do you not pay tax?

If he can't afford to do it legally he shouldn't be doing it. Ones opinion means squat where the law is concerned. Did Jesus preach witholding taxes from Ceasar and Herod because they were corrupt? Matthew 22:21 and Romans 13:1 applies.

It's only money after all ;)

Highly recommended read for anyone

https://www.newmoneymindset.com/

1557999371519.png

Last edited:

MEIOT

Expert Member

:ROFL:
You show your cards so easily. Your lack of intellect shines through. I'm a massive advocator of people researching topics they feel strongly about before commenting dumb shite about said topics.

I'd highly encourage you to do the same. Your mentality and intellectual level is worrying. Surely you know this already? Self awareness at an all time low too?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Again with the dumbassery!

In this nightmare of yours where someone is driving on a highway - how do you reckon the funds for that highway was acquired?
R3.37 of every liter of pertol goes to the feul levy. There's no way to avoid this.

That means I for example when my car gets 6l/100km pay 20c per kilometer that I drive on the roads.
This is quite a good way to make road users pay for the roads as how much petrol or diesel your car use will correlate to the wear on the roads.

Most hiways also have additional tolls. (which I am against as it is double taxation to start of with, and/or completely corrupt like the e-tolls.)

Income tax has nothing to do with building or maintaining roads, but then again neither does the fuel levy. I all gets conveniently thrown into the general fiscal.

I propose we ring-fence the fuel levy and use it only for roads. That should be fair.

garp

Executive Member
You do absolutely get benefit from government despite the rampant corruption. People who don't contribute ride off the rest of us.
Do you mean that the benefit to me is that people who don't contribute get to ride off people like me who do contribute? That is not a benefit, that is a heavy burden.

In fact, it is a burden for which I do not even get the slightest acknowledgement - I get the exact opposite - vilification and hate speech directed against me with impunity, I get called lackadaisical by the president in parliament, there are threats to my property ownership, my safety and ultimately the overall ability to remain in my homeland long term. And yet I must pay, pay, and pay more to keep that system going? Anyone who thinks that's right has rocks in their head.

MEIOT

Expert Member
R3.37 of every liter of pertol goes to the feul levy. There's no way to avoid this.

That means I for example when my car gets 6l/100km pay 20c per kilometer that I drive on the roads.
This is quite a good way to make road users pay for the roads as how much petrol or diesel your car use will correlate to the wear on the roads.

Most hiways also have additional tolls. (which I am against as it is double taxation to start of with, and/or completely corrupt like the e-tolls.)

Income tax has nothing to do with building or maintaining roads, but then again neither does the fuel levy. I all gets conveniently thrown into the general fiscal.

I propose we ring-fence the fuel levy and use it only for roads. That should be fair.
I have a counter proposal.
I propose nobody takes your proposals to heart.

You clearly need educating.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Now go to church and pray for your hypocrisy.

Last edited:

gamer16

Honorary Master

Hey

Psssst

Got some discount gas stamps

You buying or am I leaving?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Do you mean that the benefit to me is that people who don't contribute get to ride off people like me who do contribute? That is not a benefit, that is a heavy burden.
Do you pay for insurance and medical aid? Why?

In fact, it is a burden for which I do not even get the slightest acknowledgement - I get the exact opposite - vilification and hate speech directed against me with impunity, I get called lackadaisical by the president in parliament, there are threats to my property ownership, my safety and ultimately the overall ability to remain in my homeland long term. And yet I must pay, pay, and pay more to keep that system going? Anyone who thinks that's right has rocks in their head.
So would you be happy to pay tax if the party of your choice was elected?
I can't tell if your issue is with contributing to a government or contributing to the government in power in SA right now.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Do you pay for medical aid? Why?
That's such a own goal. Because the benifits I receive for all my tax money going into public health care.

Edit: More straightforward answer. Yes, because government healthcare is shît.

Last edited:

Daruk

Honorary Master
That's such a own goal. Because the benifits of all my tax money going into public health care.
What a weird answer to a straight forward question. Why not just answer the question? It was aimed at Garp, but you're welcome to answer.

Daruk

Honorary Master
That's such a own goal. Because the benifits I receive for all my tax money going into public health care.
Edit: More straightforward answer. Yes, because government healthcare is shît.
Whatever your reasons, you highlight the point of contributing. You do realise it's not just your contribution that saves you when you have to go for a half a million or more bypass surgery? It's the contribution of the rest who never needed that surgery. So is your beef with contributing to a government, or to this government in particular?

Charly

Dubai do this - you pay almost 30% more for anything there.
The only reason they can do that is because of their oil. Once it dries up or in 20 years when most cars/trucks being produced are EVs - they're screwed.

The US has a similar tax bracket to us but they have a much higher average income.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Whatever your reasons, you highlight the point of contributing. You do realise it's not just your contribution that saves you when you have to go for a half a million or more bypass surgery? It's the contribution of the rest who never needed that surgery. So is your beef with contributing to a government, or to this government in particular?
Voluntary group schemes isn't the same as compulsory taxes. So by your logic I should now moan about and report people who don't contribute to my medical aid?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Voluntary group schemes isn't the same as compulsory taxes. So by your logic I should now moan about and report people who don't contribute to my medical aid?
And you think all tax should be voluntary? Where has that worked exactly?

Daruk

Honorary Master
The only reason they can do that is because of their oil. Once it dries up or in 20 years when most cars/trucks being produced are EVs - they're screwed.

The US has a similar tax bracket to us but they have a much higher average income.
Not really, they've worked tax into everything. You just don't pay it directly from your income.