I *might* have the virus!

kfc4unme

I decided to download the Lancet app and register. My covid test results are there. Didn't receive a notification though. I have tested positive. I have attached the letter I received on the app from Lancet. What is quite interesting is they say it can remain in your system for 2 months. But after 14 days I won't be contagious. View attachment 977880
Good luck, hope 6 you get better soon. Please keep us updated on the progress...

mister

Executive Member
Feeling all good now after 14 days.

How soon to go for an antibody test?

Now.

"The lag time (“window period”) before the IgM and IgG antibodies appear is approximately 2 weeks, but may vary from patient to patient. Serology tests can therefore be expected to yield positive results from late in the course of acute illness (often >10 days after onset) or during convalescence. The level of production as well as the duration of antibodies may vary in different patients. Preliminary data indicates that antibody levels in some patients may revert to being undetectable beyond 21 days from symptom onset."

Georgios

Don't you just love it how you have to go and Google "dyspnoea", "cyanosis", "haemoptysis" and "somnolence" to make sure you have symptoms of one of these conditions? Can't they just give you the symptoms?

Also, if you do use the Government notification app, where's the PIN that you have to enter into the app to let others know about possible positive exposure? :confused:
I received an SMS yesterday with this pin.

Georgios

Perhaps consider getting an oximeter, they are pretty cheap and can act as a barometer of sorts.
The aches and pains are usually easily manageable at home, whereas an oximeter will measure your oxygen saturation levels.
If your oxygen saturation levels slowly decrease over time, then it's off to the doctor.
Without an oximeter there is no way of knowing an invisible change until your blood pressure suddenly starts to climb, indicating your heart is working overtime in trying to deliver oxygenated to the organs. Lack of oxygenated blood is usually indicated by a general feeling of tiredness and lack of energy.
You want to catch these things quickly.
Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Dehydration will cause muscle stiffness and discomfort.
Check your pee.
The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are.
These are simple things we tend to forget.
Grab some multivitamins. Any form of infection increases a demand on your system. Take the recommended dose. Your body will only absorb what it needs, anything more is excreted in one way or another, which is a waste of money.
Our bodies do not stockpile minerals & vitamins like squirrels store nuts for the winter
Thank you Grant for the advice. I will get someone to purchase an oximeter for me.

I have been drinking loads of water. I have a rehydrate daily, multi vitamin, vitamin D and a vitamin C booster. I have been monitoring my urine. That seems fine. Although my mouth is always dry.

My fever hasn't returned back since the previous night. Temp is around 37. I still have the leg pains. Woke up again early hours of the morning. Walking around a bit seems to ease the pain a bit at least until the painkiller kicks in.

I can take deep breaths fine, my smell and taste is still okay.

On a positive note, my wife tested negative. We are isolating from each other.

Georgios

saor

Honorary Master
Thanks. I have a friend who just purchased one from dischem for me. After how many days did your taste and smell disappear?
It's been kinda dwindling for the last few days. Yesterday it was completely gone. Can't smell or taste anything right now. It's a strange feeling - because my nose isn't really blocked...it's as tho sense of taste and smell has evaporated. Symptoms hit Sunday, so around 4 days I guess. Family member is going through the same symptoms at almost the exact same timeline as me.

Georgios

It's been kinda dwindling for the last few days. Yesterday it was completely gone. Can't smell or taste anything right now. It's a strange feeling - because my nose isn't really blocked...it's as tho sense of taste and smell has evaporated. Symptoms hit Sunday, so around 4 days I guess. Family member is going through the same symptoms at almost the exact same timeline as me.

Interesting. I am on 5 days at the moment. Very tired at the moment still with leg aches. Received my pulse oximeter. 96% at the moment. I do feel I have shortness of breaths sometimes.

Georgios

Just received a call from the Department of Health. They asked if I am isolating, what my symptoms were at the beginning, where had I travelled. They will call back on day 10.

saor

Honorary Master
Just received a call from the Department of Health. They asked if I am isolating, what my symptoms were at the beginning, where had I travelled. They will call back on day 10.
How did they get your details / know you were positive?

mister

Executive Member
Interesting. I am on 5 days at the moment. Very tired at the moment still with leg aches. Received my pulse oximeter. 96% at the moment. I do feel I have shortness of breaths sometimes.

Mine varies between 91% and 98% and it's been doing that since I started checking in March.

Grant, what could cause the reading to vary like that?

IzZzy

Executive Member
Mine varies between 91% and 98% and it's been doing that since I started checking in March.

Grant, what could cause the reading to vary like that?

My GP says the finger ones are good indicators but not extremely reliable

mister

Executive Member
My GP says the finger ones are good indicators but not extremely reliable

it's just weird that it varies so much. it does not vary for the rest of the family.

It's confirmed... a family member is covid positive. Started yesterday with a sore throat and aches. No other symptoms besides that.

I was coughing a bit yesterday and the day before, and yesterday I started experiencing light headedness. I thought it was from wearing a mask all day, but today I'm still light-headed and having a bit of trouble with cognition & memory.

Temperature is 36.9, Oxygen 95%, Heart Rate 110 (lol), BP 117/80.

Going to lie in the sun and make some more Vit D.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
it's just weird that it varies so much. it does not vary for the rest of the family.

It's confirmed... a family member is covid positive. Started yesterday with a sore throat and aches. No other symptoms besides that.

I was coughing a bit yesterday and the day before, and yesterday I started experiencing light headedness. I thought it was from wearing a mask all day, but today I'm still light-headed and having a bit of trouble with cognition & memory.

there goes any family christmas plans

Ninja'd

A Djinn

Going to lie in the sun and make some more Vit D.

Sterkte

Georgios

14 days today. No more symptoms. Just out of breadth. Get tired just walking up the stairs.
Health department phoned me on day 10. I am allowed to stop isolating if I have no symptoms. Gave me a sick note as well. Very helpful lady.

djbrendan

Expert Member
So,
My wife's cousin's got covid. She tested positive today.

Thing now is, my mother in law was sitting about a meter away from her outside for quite a while. That's been 5 days ago, so far she doesn't feel odd or anything.

Could it be that the cousin got it 3 to 4 days ago. So no worries for the mother in law as the cousin maybe got infected a day after?

My wife's there now, told her to stay as well haha