I need 65 inch 4k TV which one to get?

Dolby

Honorary Master
I've always wondered how people see this massive, holographic, life changing in OLED ... It's bizarre, really.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Anyway, I keep on hearing this burn-in stuff. Anyone ever experienced this before?
Not burn in, but on my old plasma I used to have image retention every time it went from a light to dark scene., I had retention which lasted a few seconds. It used to drive me absolutely mad

Splinter

Honorary Master
I've always wondered how people see this massive, holographic, life changing in OLED ... It's bizarre, really.
Look, if you don't like OLED, that is your choice. Just because many people think OLED TV's are the best - well, that's their choice as well.

Not burn in, but on my old plasma I used to have image retention every time it went from a light to dark scene., I had retention which lasted a few seconds. It used to drive me absolutely mad
Either you had a very crappy brand of plasma, or a dud. Regardless, it's now a pretty moot point seeing as plasma is dead.

Funnily enough - OLED is a closer replacement to plasma screens than to LED.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Look, if you don't like OLED, that is your choice. Just because many people think OLED TV's are the best - well, that's their choice as well
Bad night, eh ?

Either you had a very crappy brand of plasma, or a dud
You almost sound surprised that a plasma (or even OLED) could have image retention and that it's the first you're hearing of it?
And that millions upon millions had experienced the same, regardless of the brand? I mean, they manufactures built in systems to prevent it?

And my comment was in response to your question ... strange that you're getting upset when you get an answer (or an answer you didn't want to hear)

Anyway, I keep on hearing this burn-in stuff. Anyone ever experienced this before?

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Bad night, eh ?

You almost sound surprised that a plasma (or even OLED) could have image retention and that it's the first you're hearing of it?
And that millions upon millions had experienced the same, regardless of the brand? I mean, they manufactures built in systems to prevent it?

And my comment was in response to your question ... strange that you're getting upset when you get an answer (or an answer you didn't want to hear)
Sigh.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Bad night, eh ?

No, it is not the first I have heard of it. Plasma did have burn in. Many years ago. But as I said, it's rather irrelevant these days, isn't it.

But tell me more about these millions upon millions.

Dolby

Honorary Master
No, it is not the first I have heard of it. Plasma did have burn in. Many years ago. But as I said, it's rather irrelevant these days, isn't it.

But tell me more about these millions upon millions.
I'm not sure what you want to hear, Splinter? You appear to be flip flopping?

Dolby

Honorary Master
The conversation doesn't really flow well :/

You sound surprised at first there was image retention ... and then say mine was a dud (because image retention must be a myth) ... and then admit that there was burn in
I get very confused chatting to you

Anyone ever experienced this before?
but on my old plasma I used to have image retention
Either you had a very crappy brand of plasma, or a dud
Plasma did have burn in.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
Aaai. You are obviously looking for some sort of heated argument.

Fortunately, I don't need to engage with you. The posts above speak for themselves.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Aaai. You are obviously looking for some sort of heated argument.

Fortunately, I don't need to engage with you. The posts above speak for themselves.
Not at all.

I just answered your question which I thought was innocent enough *shrug*

I admit I didn't get the plasma don't burn in / plasmas do burn in - but it's nothing serious

Splinter

Honorary Master
Not at all.

I admit I didn't get the plasma don't burn in / plasmas do burn in - but it's nothing serious
lol. I think you didn't get a lot of stuff.

Azg

Expert Member
If you mostly watch DSTV, some downloaded 1080p, and Netflix in 1080p, does an OLED or QLED make a difference over a Samsung NU7100/RU7100 or LG SK8000 / sk8500?

Jaws677

Not at all.

Im still using an ancient saumsung D550 plasma daily.

Never have I ever noticed this image retention, also no burn in at all.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Im still using an ancient saumsung D550 plasma daily
I had no burn in on the screen - but the image retention was there in certain scenes.

You couldn't see it during 'normal' viewing - but if a white picture was replaced by a black picture, it took a second or two to 'clear' fully. My plasma was about was about 4 years older than yours though (I think it was around 2007/2008). It didn't bother anyone else, but I could see it and it annoyed me.