I need a metal worker to make some fireplace stuff

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
How easy is it to get someone who can fabricate some fireplace stuff for me.
I just moved into a house and the fireplace does not have an ash bin so its a mission to clean. Also it seems to affect the airflow because there obviously was one before and now the fire pulls down and back unless I block it.
I also would like to make a nice firewood holder that I can stack next to the fire, nothing I have seen online suits my space.

I have always managed to find a carpenter who can put stuff together but are metal workers as easy to come by ?

jezzad

Expert Member
Where you based? Had one made in Cape Town a couple years back and I can try find their details

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
How easy is it to get someone who can fabricate some fireplace stuff for me.
I just moved into a house and the fireplace does not have an ash bin so its a mission to clean. Also it seems to affect the airflow because there obviously was one before and now the fire pulls down and back unless I block it.
I also would like to make a nice firewood holder that I can stack next to the fire, nothing I have seen online suits my space.

I have always managed to find a carpenter who can put stuff together but are metal workers as easy to come by ?
Saw a guy on Milnerton Fleamarket , who made fireplace/braai equipment to order, although with the new regs in place you may have to wait a while before they re-open.
Found this guy on Gumtree as i need to replace my grate, when i called 2 days ago he did say they were busy and had a backlog, but also worth a try if you not in a rush.