I need a selling price for my Xbox

DarKWateR

Expert Member
I love my box but honestly I just don't get the time to play with it. My DS is also sitting here gathering dust and I've still got some sealed games for it. I guess I'll stick to my DS for now and buy the next-next gen hardware when they arrive and when I hopefully have more spare time.

Anyway, how much can I charge for the following (I will not and I repeat not, be breaking up this bundle).

Xbox 360 HDMI Arcade console (Jasper 12.1A) + warranty
Wireless Controller
Official Xbox HD VGA cable + RGB Cable
512Mb Memory Card
Sega Rally
Mass Effect
Burnout Paradise
Sega Superstar Tennis
Arcade Complication Disc
Grand Theft Auto IV
Lego Batman
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar
Guitar Hero III Guitar

All the above is as new, no stickers on guitars, games have 0% scratches (not even a hair scratch :p). Includes all the cables, manuals, stickers, boxes, slips, etc.

Last edited:

Grimspoon

Executive Member
Quite a wide gap but I think anything under R3500 is already very low considering that the box is R2500 + WT Set = R1100 so that's already R3600.

Yeah brand new, we talking second hand here. People aren't prepared to fork out the same as what they can buy it for new.

Not to mention that the elite has dropped to R3399 :(

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Yeah brand new, we talking second hand here. People aren't prepared to fork out the same as what they can buy it for new.

Not to mention that the elite has dropped to R3399 :(

I know but I'm still including other stuff.

RPG_Fan

Why don't you take a look at the gaming sites and price each game second hand individually. Then see what the total cost is and then bring the price down as a whole. Asking us to price it will surely come up with ridiculously low prices.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Why don't you take a look at the gaming sites and price each game second hand individually. Then see what the total cost is and then bring the price down as a whole. Asking us to price it will surely come up with ridiculously low prices.

Lol, I'll check it out when I get home.

Bondizzo

Expert Member
We all percieve value differently, the other games apart from Guitar heroes + the guitars are not worth much anymore, to me that is. If you willing to split I might get those 2 from you.

Dolby

Honorary Master
How about a standard Xbox Pro (20GB) HDMI, 2 x wireless controls and Halo 3?

Grimspoon

Executive Member
With proof of purchase I wouldnt pay more than R2500, without it R2000.

It would also highly depend on what model it is, if its not a Jasper you might have to pay someone to take it off your hands :p

Dolby

Honorary Master
With proof of purchase I wouldnt pay more than R2500, without it R2000.

I've just received it as replacement - and they never gave my proof of purchase back? I have the Powercare paperwork though ...

Bondizzo

Expert Member
I've just received it as replacement - and they never gave my proof of purchase back? I have the Powercare paperwork though ...

You get charged a handling fee for replacing a console without a reciept, dont know if the powercare paperwork applies, probably does. If you selling let me know, aswell as the model.

demon angel

Expert Member
Sell the console and 1 game separately.then flog the rest of the games and accessories.As the others have mentioned,Your fair price is beyond a new unit.Or swap it for a PS3 or house.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Ok, I'm going to try and work out a price quickly. I'll use Take 2 as reference

Xbox 360 HDMI Arcade console (Jasper 12.1A) + warranty - R2500
Wireless Controller - Included
Official Xbox HD VGA cable + RGB Cable - R300
512Mb Memory Card - R500 (-R250 256MB) = R250
Sega Rally - R180
Mass Effect - R270
Burnout Paradise - R180
Sega Superstar Tennis - Bundle
Arcade Complication Disc - Bundle
Grand Theft Auto IV - R540
Lego Batman - R280
Guitar Hero World Tour - R1260
Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar - Bundle
Guitar Hero III Guitar - R270

Total = R6030

So considering most of the stuff being almost brand new (+ slips) I guess R3900 would be a good price.