I need advice on a drunk and driving case without a license.

hungrymamba

besides all these angels on here that have never done a single thing wrong in their entire lives... ...find a shady lawyer. There are hundreds of them that have a good relationship with the people at the courts. They can either postpone and make blood tests dissapear or make sure you get the right judge also by postponement. either way its gonn cost upwards of 6000 rand to make it go away but to make it dissapear is very very doable.

itsme2

I see where you going with this and to be honest I don't really know how to really answer this. But I'm a law abiding citizen and not to yank my own chain I'm a all round good guy. But I my intentions were good before taking that risk... Because I had to fetch the car in beachfront table view and I stay just off Gie road table view.. I couldn't leave the car at risk especially considering all the car theft and car break ins in this area. So my first option is to get my girlfriend home safely and secondly to get our property home safely hence putting many things at risk which I wouldn't deny. But I wouldn't consider myself a murderer or rapist, drug dealer etc.ckearly not a menace to society... So therefor I feel that for one risky mistake I wouldn't give myself the ultimate penalty to go sit in jail with the likes of the above mentioned. No if it was a scenario that I was driving wrecklessly or let's say I caused an accident or even knocked someone over and they died... I'll put myself in jail. You can take it with a pinch of salt or not... Because you are entitled to your opinion... So my question is what do you think I deserve?
excuses excuses. you're not law abiding. you drove 3 x over the alcohol limit with no licence. what if you'd killed an innocent person during this? tell the judge your sob story rather.
what you deserve is what the judge gives you. probably a criminal record.

Last edited:

WorldWarII

excuses excuses. you're not law abiding. you drove 3 x over the speed limit with no licence. what if you'd killed an innocent person during this? tell the judge your sob story rather.
what you deserve is what the judge gives you. probably a criminal record.
was he speeding too?

Craig

Honorary Master
The worst thing about this thread is not even the OP, but the amount of people justifying the Op's behaviour. There's even a moron advising he get a shady lawyer to bribe his way out of this. And then we wonder why this country is turning into a criminal fckng shithole.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The worst thing about this thread is not even the OP, but the amount of people justifying the Op's behaviour. There's even a moron advising he get a shady lawyer to bribe his way out of this. And then we wonder why this country is turning into a criminal fckng shithole.
You think they should be shot? :p

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I see where you going with this and to be honest I don't really know how to really answer this. But I'm a law abiding citizen and not to yank my own chain I'm a all round good guy. But I my intentions were good before taking that risk... Because I had to fetch the car in beachfront table view and I stay just off Gie road table view.. I couldn't leave the car at risk especially considering all the car theft and car break ins in this area. So my first option is to get my girlfriend home safely and secondly to get our property home safely hence putting many things at risk which I wouldn't deny. But I wouldn't consider myself a murderer or rapist, drug dealer etc.ckearly not a menace to society... So therefor I feel that for one risky mistake I wouldn't give myself the ultimate penalty to go sit in jail with the likes of the above mentioned. No if it was a scenario that I was driving wrecklessly or let's say I caused an accident or even knocked someone over and they died... I'll put myself in jail. You can take it with a pinch of salt or not... Because you are entitled to your opinion... So my question is what do you think I deserve?
There was nothing law-abiding about any of your actions.

Take some bloody responsibility.

You got the car there in the first place without a licese. Broke the law.

Then you got back into the car while being drunk. Broke the law.

Then you drove it somewhere without a license. Broke the law.

When you bought this car without having a license you were already in the wrong, so it's all pretty damn premeditated as well.

I bet you've also done it hundreds of times, now just because you got caught you are suddenly "law abiding" which isn't the case at all.

You didn't make one mistake...you made a great many with little to no thought of consequence until you got caught.

WorldWarII

just out of curiosity. If God forbid, something horrible happened to you or your family. Break in or rape or murder. And you watch the police, administration and governance of SA FAIL you pathetically. Are you just going to sit there and take it and accept that this is law (like a little bitch , I hope not) . Or will you throw the law to the wind and take matters into your own hands? Does your moral high ground still count in that situation?

Craig

Honorary Master
just out of curiosity. If God forbid, something horrible happened to you or your family. Break in or rape or murder. And you watch the police, administration and governance of SA FAIL you pathetically. Are you just going to sit there and take it and accept that this is law (like a little bitch , I hope not) . Or will you throw the law to the wind and take matters into your own hands? Does your moral high ground still count in that situation?

You're quite obviously dumb as fck, that's obvious if you look at what you're trying to compare to drunk driving and then trying to justify more illegal behaviour to get out of it.

Just on a side note, I think it's against the forum rules to promote illegal activities so I would advise deleting that post before the mods see it.

WorldWarII

You're quite obviously dumb as fck, that's obvious if you look at what you're trying to compare to drunk driving and then trying to justify more illegal behaviour to get out of it.

Just on a side note, I think it's against the forum rules to promote illegal activities so I would advise deleting that post before the mods see it.

so you would just sit there and take it.... Good to know. We should do business.

Venomous

Honorary Master
HI Dan thanks for the reply, I have contacted my lawyer already and he advised me to try to stay calm because the blood results need come back with the docket. I just need peace of mind... Of what could possibly happen because I can't see myself going to jail.
Might not be jail time.
A fine - quite probably
Can't quite rule out a suspended sentence.

Further to that there is a very good chance that you can be banned/blocked from getting your DL for a few years.

Whoever's car you were driving can also be in schit street.

So many things that can happen.

Or none.

You'll have to wait for court to hear.

Corelli

You will get a big slap on the wrist, a speech and a biggish fine. Depending on where in the country it happened.

Just apologize profoundly and promise to go for your license test.

And for all the critics to be honest. Almost 65% of the drivers on the road dont have car insurance, and almost 40% drive without a license as in some places it can take upto 4 years to get a license. And even then....

A lot of drivers still drive like total idiots. Yip i remember twice when people drove up the wrong way of a one way and asked that I reverse for them, even though I was going the right way. One got out of his car and said move as I am a TV star even.

I know of a few people that drove for years without a drivers license and because they werent keen to get caught, they drove far better than anyone else on the road.

Corelli

I know this is not the answer you want but 5 of my friends have been hit by drunk drivers over the years, so no you are not law abiding and what you did was incredibly stupid and selfish and it really bugs me to see you not taking what you did that seriously
5 by drunk drivers in 1 year. Either you have unlucky friends or they hang out in the wrong places. Sorry to hear that.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I know this is not the answer you want but 5 of my friends have been hit by drunk drivers over the years, so no you are not law abiding and what you did was incredibly stupid and selfish and it really bugs me to see you not taking what you did that seriously
5 by drunk drivers in 1 year. Either you have unlucky friends or they hang out in the wrong places. Sorry to hear that.
Or you didn't read correctly.

SHL

LMFAO! Law abiding citizen my @$$. You should be locked up you reckless drunkard!