I need help getting NAT type 2 at least

I'm not sure where to begin, but I have rain's unlimited data plan and I'm using a Huawei b315 router, when connecting my PS4 it gives me NAT type 3, queried NAT on rains website but they say they have no NAT type nor is there any restrictions on their service.

I tried port forwarding the TCP and UDP that psn recommended but still after applying and rebooting I still get NAT type 3, I disabled firewall still nothing, on the router page under security tab NAT has 2 settings, tried both but still I get NAT type 3, is there anyone who can help me get this right?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
On your PS4 give it a static IP.

Now on your router go to Setting - Security - DMZ settings turn it on and type in your PS4's IP and click apply.

Leno

on Rain mobile your router is assigned a private ip so you cant do any type of port forwarding

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
So basically I can't do anything? I'm stuck with NAT Type 3?
DMZ.

People have been doing it for years without issue, it's not like PS4 malware exists and some dude is going to hack you like it was a PC.

You disabling the firewall is way worse than putting the console in DMZ.

Last edited:
DMZ.

People have been doing it for years without issue, it's not like PS4 malware exists and some dude is going to hack you like it was a PC.

You disabling the firewall is way worse than putting the console in DMZ.
Even with DMZ settings I still get NAT type 3