NgoakoP

I've been using Rain's unlimited 5G Router for a couple of months, until it started connecting only when it felt like it , I'm WFH therefore I could not afford downtime so I end up having to spend more money for a different network so I can work whilst Rain still deducts full amount yet no service, I sent a mail and asked them to come fetch the Router at the beginning of July 2021, shockingly that call was attended in a few days.they then was only able to sent a driver on the 13th of July 2021 this was due to my health and me not being available for the logistics guys ..to my surprise on the 1st of August the full amount of R699 was deducted from my account, I sent Rain an email to enquire but no response was issued and tried calling but I was transferred to different people still no help from either of them, when I finally spoke to someone I was told a call would be logged then someone in accounts would call me back, well that never happened..again 1st September another deduction of R699 out of my account by now the Router has been collected on the 13th of July 2021 and I have documentation to state that, but this whack ass service provider is still deducting money out of my account..I went online to try to cancel my profile but there's no option , I've logged multiple calls no resolutions, I've emailed and everytime I sent a reminder on the mail trail i get someone new logging a whole new call that never gets attended , I go on to the my Rain site to contact support nobody ever calls I keep getting empty tickets, I need my money back and the whole profile removed from this pathetic scam, and I'm making sure this gets out so people would know exactly what to expect from RainSA!!!

MikeTosen

I've been using Rain's unlimited 5G Router for a couple of months, until it started connecting only when it felt like it , I'm WFH therefore I could not afford downtime so I end up having to spend more money for a different network so I can work whilst Rain still deducts full amount yet no service, I sent a mail and asked them to come fetch the Router at the beginning of July 2021, shockingly that call was attended in a few days.they then was only able to sent a driver on the 13th of July 2021 this was due to my health and me not being available for the logistics guys ..to my surprise on the 1st of August the full amount of R699 was deducted from my account, I sent Rain an email to enquire but no response was issued and tried calling but I was transferred to different people still no help from either of them, when I finally spoke to someone I was told a call would be logged then someone in accounts would call me back, well that never happened..again 1st September another deduction of R699 out of my account by now the Router has been collected on the 13th of July 2021 and I have documentation to state that, but this whack ass service provider is still deducting money out of my account..I went online to try to cancel my profile but there's no option , I've logged multiple calls no resolutions, I've emailed and everytime I sent a reminder on the mail trail i get someone new logging a whole new call that never gets attended , I go on to the my Rain site to contact support nobody ever calls I keep getting empty tickets, I need my money back and the whole profile removed from this pathetic scam, and I'm making sure this gets out so people would know exactly what to expect from RainSA!!!

Save yourself allot of heartache and pain.
If you with FNB - create a virtual card - switch the "debit" to that card and then delete the card - this is what I did just in case ;)
If you with another bank - best would be to cancel that card and request a replacement.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @NgoakoP

Please provide me with your email via PM

Mr_Watloo

Save yourself allot of heartache and pain.
If you with FNB - create a virtual card - switch the "debit" to that card and then delete the card - this is what I did just in case ;)
If you with another bank - best would be to cancel that card and request a replacement.
HI, If you create an FNB virtual card and use that for debit orders, wont the payment bounce during deduction time because the CVV is only valid for an hour?

MikeTosen

HI, If you create an FNB virtual card and use that for debit orders, wont the payment bounce during deduction time because the CVV is only valid for an hour?
This is only when you cancel RAIN, not meant to be the normal pay method - So cancel RAIN, then change card, the moment you register the card, they would use the card and cvv to debit R1 just to make sure the details is correct - that goes through, so now that card is stored on your account - then you just cancel the virtual card and no more debits by "accident" after your RAIN was cancelled.

P.S. Just make sure when the last payment is due, and only do this after the last payment is successfully debited from your account.

Motheo17

Hi @NgoakoP

Please provide me with your email via PM
Dear Rain South Africa

I hope this email finds you well.

Kindly note I need help in terms of finishing up my RICA process.

Please take note since yesterday I have been waiting for address and Live human verification process.

Kindly advice how long does this take .

Kind Regards,
Daphney

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Dear Rain South Africa

I hope this email finds you well.

Kindly note I need help in terms of finishing up my RICA process.

Please take note since yesterday I have been waiting for address and Live human verification process.

Kindly advice how long does this take .

Kind Regards,
Daphney
Hi @Motheo17

I have responded to your PM.

Veena Mokhethi

Dear Rain I've been waiting for my 5G home basic Router and sim to be delivered I've gone to the app and logged 2 tickets already And you guys have sent emails promising to contact me and nothing has happened yet honestly at this point I no longer want the router back I just want my mo ney back and please not that you guys were extremely quick to take my hard earned money but now for both you and CDD to pay me attention and deliver my things your are slow I have to come here hopefully to receive assistance because this is disgusting behavior especially from a company such as yourselves