I replaced my old Microsoft keyboard with a new Apple model

pope24

Expert Member
You made one fatal error. You didn't buy the Logitech MX Keys. Cheaper than the Magic Keyboard and better in almost every way.
The Logitech Triathlon mouse is also pretty nice.
Still not cheap, but worth every cent and it supports Windows/Mac/iOS/Android... seamlessly.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
I bought a previous gen Bluetooth Apple Keyboard for R200 off Gumtree the other day. Gave it a good clean and scrub and it's good as new again.

R3400 for a new one is just mental.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Seriously R3400 for a sodding keyboard?

That is just fscking stupid money for a keyboard.
Actually, that Apple keyboard seems cheap:

You have less than average gamers going out to buy these...

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

Yeah I know about that as well.

Just baffles me that a person who spent R700 on a Sculpt keyboard would go out and spend R3400 on a new keyboard that doesn't even look special or have any "ergonomic" design at all. Surely there are better aftermarket Apple keyboards out there for considerably less money.

Hell for the same money probably he could have replaced the Sculpt keyboard with the newer Surface Ergonomic Keyboard that uses blueteeth as well and maintained his typing speed and comfort levels.

Last edited:

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Actually, that Apple keyboard seems cheap:

You have less than average gamers going out to buy these...
Except those are heavily customisable top end gamer keyboards, even if below average gamers are buying them cos they look "cool".

Bintang

You made one fatal error. You didn't buy the Logitech MX Keys. Cheaper than the Magic Keyboard and better in almost every way.
The Logitech Triathlon mouse is also pretty nice.
Still not cheap, but worth every cent and it supports Windows/Mac/iOS/Android... seamlessly.
Clearly the best keyboard in my opinion. I have no regrets buying the Logitech MX keys.