I signed up for Afrihost Pure Fibre, and it is awesome

Apogee

Been waiting for fibre since the 90's and no glimmer of hope exists on the horizon.

This is within spitting distance of Telkom's HQ.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Been waiting for fiber for years, still none in site, tho I have been informed, unofficially, that the MSAN, and DSLAM that are 200 meters away, both are fiber connected.

DanDango

Executive Member
If Openserve one day finish linking the fibre between Umbogintwini and Illovo beach, the rest of the Amanzimtoti peasant will get fibre. If that day comes, will check out Afrihost packages.

The steam download is not bad. One thing missing is a speed test to the UK or Europe, to see the latency. Some gaming server is only available in UK or Europe.

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep
He won't be able to reply soon cause his latency will go to **** and he will have no internet!
Try those tests again at 7pm bud.
Hey guys. I understand your scepticism 100%. Please feel free to check out the Afrihost Pure Fibre feedback thread where clients who are forum members are using the network and posting their experiences. https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/afrihost-pure-fibre-feedback-thread.1037731/page-31

Thanks!

Joseph matane

So this will possible in South African township's and village's within next 3 years via 5G connection

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Try those tests again at 7pm bud.
Few people were as sceptical as me about moving back to Afrihost after the Pure Fibre announcement. I was with them for around 4 years after the decline of Mweb and got to experience the decline of Afrihost in full.

But the allure of 200Mbps at the same price as my previous 100Mbps, as well as some optimistic indications regarding the current state of the Afrihost network and the huge promos going on, made me willing to bite the bullet and see what happens. I was on CISP before, so used to very good network quality.

It's been half a month now and the connection has been flying the entire time. Latency has actually decreased a bit for me as well. I've certainly not noticed any telltale signs of network congestion around Netflix Time. And customer service has been excellent, although I've only used WhatsApp, telephonic and forum support as I don't trust ticket systems with any ISP.

Pure Fibre gets an easy thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep
Few people were as sceptical as me about moving back to Afrihost after the Pure Fibre announcement. I was with them for around 4 years after the decline of Mweb and got to experience the decline of Afrihost in full.

But the allure of 200Mbps at the same price as my previous 100Mbps, as well as some optimistic indications regarding the current state of the Afrihost network and the huge promos going on, made me willing to bite the bullet and see what happens. I was on CISP before, so used to very good network quality.

It's been half a month now and the connection has been flying the entire time. Latency has actually decreased a bit for me as well. I've certainly not noticed any telltale signs of network congestion around Netflix Time. And customer service has been excellent, although I've only used WhatsApp, telephonic and forum support as I don't trust ticket systems with any ISP.

Pure Fibre gets an easy thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:
Delighted to hear this Bryn - My entire month is made!

Afrihost-Gian

Afrihost CEO
Company Rep
Thanks for sharing Cavedog and supersunbird. Appreciate it. And we're going to do everything we can to make sure that performance stays the same for the months and years to come

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Thanks for sharing Cavedog and supersunbird. Appreciate it. And we're going to do everything we can to make sure that performance stays the same for the months and years to come
Won't be so happy, a certain new very popular 2.99GB torrent that I downloaded quickly this morning, is now taking taking much longer now (50% after 11 minutes), tastes like shaping to me.

1564508572824.png